Trouble with Firefox?

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 09:09 PM

I've been a Firefox user for quite some time, but recently I have been experiencing very slow response time with their 4 Beta. I installed Chrome and my speed increased quite a bit. I still prefer Firefox because of their add-ons and when 4.0 is released from beta, I'll give Firefox another try.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by natickdan View Post
I've been a Firefox user for quite some time, but recently I have been experiencing very slow response time with their 4 Beta. I installed Chrome and my speed increased quite a bit. I still prefer Firefox because of their add-ons and when 4.0 is released from beta, I'll give Firefox another try.
Dan - Firefox 4.0 has been released as of a few days back: http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/03...-four-day-one/

Bill
Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Thanks, Bill! I'm going to download it now!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 03-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by natickdan View Post
Thanks, Bill! I'm going to download it now!
Let me know how it works for you re: performance, bugs, etc. I'm still using their 'Minefield' iteration - latest beta stuff with no support, etc. that gets updated by them very frequently. It seems real stable to me, at least for what I do with it.

Bill
Old 03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Sage

I upgraded from FF3 to FF4 about a week ago. No problems before, no problems now. Pages do seem to load faster.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Sage

I had to revert to 3.6.16. FF4 stopped responding several times in the middle of surfing. Web pages would load, then stop and I would have to shut it down and restart. Then I would get a message from FF stating they were embarrassed they could not reload my last pages and give the option of trying again or starting a new session. FF would fail if I chose reload the pages, and start successfully if I chose new session. After doing this several times I gave up and downloaded the old FF3 version that is working well.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Veteran member

I also downloaded firefox 4 and been having problems on some of the web sites. When I go into lets say Coldwater Creek and hit on a blouse to see it a blank page comes up. Had my son, who is a computer expert log into my computer from his home and he can't find the problem. He took firefox out, cleared up alot on the computer, reinstalled firefox and still have the same problems. I also have IE so I will use that on the sites I can't get into in firefox.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
I also downloaded firefox 4 and been having problems on some of the web sites. When I go into lets say Coldwater Creek and hit on a blouse to see it a blank page comes up. Had my son, who is a computer expert log into my computer from his home and he can't find the problem. He took firefox out, cleared up alot on the computer, reinstalled firefox and still have the same problems. I also have IE so I will use that on the sites I can't get into in firefox.
My guess is that the problem relates to this being a new version and not all sites work with it. I have the same problem with IE9. I keep Chrome, Firefox and IE on my computer. I have Firefox locked down for security which can give problems with some pages. When I can not get a page to come up I switch to one of the other browsers. Usually works. I keep the other browsers pretty close to the original default settings.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Veteran member

In IE 9 check your compatibility settings under Tools on the menu bar. I had issues with some sites when I was using the IE 9 beta and there were all corrected when the compatibility settings were changed.

In FF 4 make sure that you have the necessary add-ins installed. For example out of the box you cannot bring up TV.com page correctly. The jingle will not play and it comes up with a message that Flash Player needs to be installed. After it is installed it works properly. I am sure that there are things on other web pages that will cause some hiccups.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.