Understanding Computer Spam ??

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2023, 11:09 AM
Default Spam mitigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I hope someone has an answer to this, that works.

I own my own Domain Name for email and my Email Program does a great job of re-directing most of the Spam ... which #'s about 125 emails/day. I'm very careful with my email address, but once your email address shows up in cyberspace, it seems to recycle forever!
Spammers always seem to be a step ahead. Anyway, I have a separate email account for those sites that require an email. It doesn't reflect anything in my name. Google Email accounts are free. Doesn't work al the time but it does cut down on my main account. If you are an Outlook you can put a rule in for certain domains or key words.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:10 AM

At an early age I was intrigued by junk mail for some odd reason (probably because I am a little odd, I guess...). In the 60's I read comic books and they always had ads for stuff that asked for a postcard to get a free catalogue or whatever. I sent a dozen or more postcards to different ones of these ads, each using a different middle initial in my name. It was interesting to see all the different mail I got for the next several years addressed to me with the various unique middle initials.
Closed Thread

Tags
address, inbox, email, mail, deleted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.