What brand was your first computer?

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
There is something fishy about the OP. Look at the 4 threads that the OP started, with no subsequent posts. Also, these same threads have been started by the same OP on the Escapees Forum (RV forum that I follow).
I had noticed it too but figured it was Talk Host boosting the site post numbers so that he can charge more for the advertising. He's really pretty obvious about it. Does some in his name and I figure he has other posting names as well. Sameless Capitalism! Talk Host: It's a joke - I'm just kidding!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 AM

My first computer was an Apple 2E (25-30 years ago. Later I switched to a PC because of software. Five years ago I switched back to a MAC. I am not an Apple lover of all their products. I have 2 ITouches Apple desktop & Mac Book pro. I have my name on a list to buy the IPAD 3G. Apple is the best. I have taken their one-to one classes regularly for almost 3 years now.

It is the BEST!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:08 AM

The post from Xavier brought back memories- My first computer was a Radio Shack and yes, I remember Rainbow magazine! How times have changed
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Veteran member

Dell. It is my first and only computer. (6 1/2 years)
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

My first computer was a Gateway. I think they're out of business. I loved the cow boxes but their tech support was just horrible.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

My 1st computer was a RCA Spectra 70/45.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Sage
Default 1st computer

I don't remember the brand of the first computer I used at work. The first computer I owned, was a Mac Plus, 1986. It was the first personal computer with 1 megabyte of RAM. 1 MG! My how things have changed.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

First computer was a hand me down IBM with 5" floppy drive and Lotus spreadsheets. 1981 First learned language was Cobol with the little punch cards and basic on the Dartmoth timeshare system which my college had access to.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Gold member
Default First Computer

A Timex Sinclair which used a tape recorder/player for memory and a B&W TV for a monitor. Kids played Pong on it. This was followed by an Atari a few years later.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I think my first machine was a philco..and it had a little round black and white screen ...........

Seems to me it used coal .........

ancient fumar
Old 05-12-2010, 06:41 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
A Timex Sinclair which used a tape recorder/player for memory and a B&W TV for a monitor. Kids played Pong on it. This was followed by an Atari a few years later.
My first set up was the Timex Sinclair with the tape recorder and TV. Too many different computers after that to keep track of. Now an Apple.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Commodore 64..which I still have...somewhere!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
I think my first machine was a philco..and it had a little round black and white screen ...........

Seems to me it used coal .........

ancient fumar
... oh yeah, and if you shut the damper before it got hot enough it would smoke you out. Yeah, I remember... ah, the good old days.

Xavier
Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Cool Texas Instruments

Didn't anyone else get the TI-99A? Got mine for $50 with the rebate, total cost after all the programs, expansion box, memory upgrade, floppy drives, etc. almost $2k. Those cheap computers really get expensive! Still have it but afraid to plug it in. would probably blow my flat screen. MelZ, did you run the RCA's or did you work on them? I was a tech in Chicago for them before Sperry bought us.
- Irving Kristol
Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 PM

The first computer I worked with was a CDC1604 at the Washington (DC) Navy Yard in 1966. It had 16K of memory! Wow! We have owned several pc's. The first was a Leading Edge Model D in the early/mid 80's. Just took it to recycling. We have had homemade, Gateway, Dell, and Toshiba desktop's and pc's. I use a Toshiba notebook and my wife uses a Gateway notebook. We bought Toshiba notebooks for our grandsons (8 & 11) for Xmas 08. They must be good computers because they're still running.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.