Who would fall for this?

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2021, 10:36 AM

Amazon gift cards are on the way. Go immediately to your mail station and wait for them!
Old 04-25-2021, 11:19 AM
Default I had a freind who responded to a catfisherman on line

it lead to him being convicted of larceny and then murdered
Old 04-25-2021, 11:38 AM

A friend of mine who got one of these Nigerian fraud letters was working with the secret service to stop them. This was quite a few years ago. Guess it’s back again!
Old 04-25-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Greetings dear.

I hope this message meet you in good faith

I humbly write to solicit for your partnership to assist me transfer and investment of my inheritance funds (€ 8,700, 000, 00 Euro) from my late father. I am Ms. Lansana Jeneba, and am the only child of my late parents. Please I decided to contact you for this offer based on trust and your understanding hoping that you will find it interesting to assist me with your good mind.

It was very eventful that my father died mysteriously and according to the culture and tradition here when a man dies, if he does not have a male child, the brother takes his property leaving the wife and the daughters empty handed. This is the exact case with me as I am the only daughter, I lost my mother when I was barely a year old and my father refused to re-marry despite all persuasion by friends and relatives, because he felt solely responsible for my mother's death, as he only concentrated on his business that he rarely pays attention to family affairs, He ensured that I will had everything that I wanted. It was as a result that he made me the next of kin to his fund deposit with the bank and stated that in the event of any eventuality, I should have a direct access to the funds only when I am 25 years, otherwise I should have a guardian to intercede on my behalf for the release of the funds for investments purpose.

Unfortunately he passed away and I am not up to the age as bank stated in the agreement with my late father, of which the reason the bank have refuse me direct access from this funds despite my present predicaments, This is the reason I am contacting you to stand and intercede on my behalf as guardian, so that bank can release and transfer this fund to your bank account for investments in your country.

I don't want people to take advantage of me that is why I decided to written you for the first place to seek for you're trustworthy and your concern to stand on my behalf to intercede and retrieve the fund to your bank account,

Please kindly indicate your interest to proceed with me if you can be of assistance for this offer. I am willing to offer you 20% from the total fund for your kind assistance once the fund is retrieved and secured to your account.

Please endeavor to let me know your decision to proceed.

Regards
Jeneba
If I were you I would not settle for less than 50%. Send back this offer and see if you get a response. 🤣🤣🤣
Old 04-26-2021, 01:11 AM

I took her up on the offer... Jeneba and I are living it up jet setting around the world. She is really beautiful, a wonderful cook, great dancer, speaks 12 languages, and is a VERY passionately young woman. Thank you all who did not take her up on this offer. Oooops, gotta run, we need to cash some more of these gift cards.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Back in the days before email and text, this scam was perpetrated by post, and the favorite method of robbing you of your hard earned, was through Western Union Transfer.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:07 AM

My sister found a rental house on AirBNB. She talked to the owners several times and they sent her an official looking contract. They asked for a deposit by money order. Right away she should have known they weren’t legit, but really wanted the house as it was right on the Gulf. So, she sent the deposit. When she showed up, the security guard informed her that he personally knew the homeowners and they weren’t renting their house, but had been contacted by several renters wanting their money back. The scammers simply took photos off Zillow as it had been for sale in the past. This same thing happened to a friend of mine who advertises his Montana cabin on VR—. A scammer duplicated his property listing and was renting it on Craig’s list. He had renters showing up declaring they had paid a deposit by money order. One was a lawyer who had put down a $4500 deposit for 3 months. When my friend called the number provided on Craig’s list, the scammer answered the phone even using his name to perpetrate the crime. He then had to call his own lawyer to get involved and stop Craig’s list from allowing this to go on. My sister had to do the same by calling the FBI. Neither AirBNB nor Craig’s list was going to take action.

There are many scams out there. Please be careful.
Closed Thread

Tags
bank, fund, father, funds, behalf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.