Xfinity bill tops $300.00 a month

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2022, 08:53 AM
Gold member
Default Xfinity bill tops $300.00 a month

I have Xfiniity's triple play package that includes internet, landline phone for telemarketing calls, and TV. Against my better judgement I agreed to auto pay giving them access to my credit card. They have exercised liberally including a $50 increase this billing cycle. My question for forum has anyone signed on with Verizon internet thru their 5G network that supposably available in Villages. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I have Xfiniity's triple play package that includes internet, landline phone for telemarketing calls, and TV. Against my better judgement I agreed to auto pay giving them access to my credit card. They have exercised liberally including a $50 increase this billing cycle. My question for forum has anyone signed on with Verizon internet thru their 5G network that supposably available in Villages. Thank you in advance.
Take a ride down to the XFinity store. Discuss you account with them and explain what you want. I have found them very helpful and I usually end up saving money. Sure beats talking on the phone…….
Old 04-17-2022, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
That means your contract has renewed. I believe you have that very first cycle of the new year to change your plan without penalty. You would need to contact them directly - at the store is usually quicker.

"Triple Play" isn't really a package anymore, now you customize. I just checked using a house in the neighborhood that doesn't have anyone living in it, for the current promotions (you won't get to see those promos on your own account).

I can get 600mbps, 185+ channels, and the phone for $153.95 not including equipment, fees and taxes.

You need to be vigilant with Xfinity. Set your calendar to remind you a month before this year's contract expires, so you can call them and go through the negotiation process again.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

You can also look into T-Mobile's 5G internet offering.

I don't believe T-Mobile has a cable TV offering but there are several threads discussing streaming options.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-17-2022, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
That means your contract has renewed. I believe you have that very first cycle of the new year to change your plan without penalty. You would need to contact them directly - at the store is usually quicker.

"Triple Play" isn't really a package anymore, now you customize. I just checked using a house in the neighborhood that doesn't have anyone living in it, for the current promotions (you won't get to see those promos on your own account).

I can get 600mbps, 185+ channels, and the phone for $153.95 not including equipment, fees and taxes.

You need to be vigilant with Xfinity. Set your calendar to remind you a month before this year's contract expires, so you can call them and go through the negotiation process again.
I just checked using a house in the neighborhood that doesn't have anyone living in it,

What does this mean?
Old 04-17-2022, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I just checked using a house in the neighborhood that doesn't have anyone living in it,

What does this mean?
Freeloaders?
Old 04-17-2022, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:

What does this mean?
If you use your own address, they know that you are a customer and won't show you the current promotions for new customers. But, if you use a nearby address, you can see all current offers.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We pay over $300 up north but have cable to 6 TV’s. In Florida it is about $170 with 3 TV’s. We have phone up north. A lot of money but I like my shows and don’t want to stream. The last time I tried to lower the plan they would only add all the pay channels and keep the cost the same.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you use your own address, they know that you are a customer and won't show you the current promotions for new customers. But, if you use a nearby address, you can see all current offers.
So simple, yet so complicated.🤪
Old 04-17-2022, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:

Actually, it means that your contract has expired, not renewed. You no longer have a contract, but are on a month-to-month plan. So, the contract discounts that were applied have been removed. That is why your bill increased by $50. Whenever you start a new 1 or 2 year contract with Xfinity, you should mark your calendar so you don't allow the contract to expire without replacing it with a new contract. The best way to do that is with an in-person meeting at the Xfinity store.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:23 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Have you considered , WI-FI only and Streaming You Tube TV from a Roku…I’ve been doing it for 4 years… Speak to a younger person who can better explain this to you..
Old 04-17-2022, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

My xfinity kept going up and up, even after I negotiated a lower price. I dumped them and never looked back. I went to Centrylink for Internet, guaranteed price for life, no increases. I now stream via Roku and get more variety and much more entertainment than ever before and a great picture. All this for less than half what I was paying at Xfinity.
Old 04-17-2022, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:

What does this mean?
You go to the xfinity website. If you already have an account, if you log in to your account or use your own address when it asks for it, you will NOT see the current new-customer promotions.

The only way you can see them is to enter an address of a property that doesn't currently have xfinity. Any house that's unoccupied, would likely qualify.

So I use a house that I know recently sold and hasn't had anyone move in yet. It's a vacant property, without any internet or TV access.
Old 04-17-2022, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Have you considered , WI-FI only and Streaming You Tube TV from a Roku…I’ve been doing it for 4 years… Speak to a younger person who can better explain this to you..
Well the person apparently wants landline for telemarketers (I don't know why he would want a phone dedicated to telemarketers but hey - everyone needs a hobby). Xfinity isn't really landline anyway, it's VoIP. If the electricity cuts out in the house, so does the phone access. It is reliant on the internet to operate. On true landline, your phone still has dial-tone when the electricity cuts out.

Regardless - WiFi only and streaming YouTube TV with a Roku is a great option. That's what we did. My computer, laptop, printer, tablet, the TV in the living room and the TV in hubby's "man-cave" (workshop) all feed off the wifi signal. We also have both our cell phones set to wifi when we're home since we're on a shared data plan for our cell phone service.

He can watch golf on TV while I'm watching a movie on my computer. My hearing aids are blue-toothed to a streaming device on the computer so I can go speakerless and have full stereo surround sound in my head while watching the movie.

We haven't gone the "smart home" route - probably won't, but other than that we're totally hooked up to the internet. With no cable.
Old 04-17-2022, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Well the person apparently wants landline for telemarketers (I don't know why he would want a phone dedicated to telemarketers but hey - everyone needs a hobby). Xfinity isn't really landline anyway, it's VoIP. If the electricity cuts out in the house, so does the phone access. It is reliant on the internet to operate. On true landline, your phone still has dial-tone when the electricity cuts out.

Regardless - WiFi only and streaming YouTube TV with a Roku is a great option. That's what we did. My computer, laptop, printer, tablet, the TV in the living room and the TV in hubby's "man-cave" (workshop) all feed off the wifi signal. We also have both our cell phones set to wifi when we're home since we're on a shared data plan for our cell phone service.

He can watch golf on TV while I'm watching a movie on my computer. My hearing aids are blue-toothed to a streaming device on the computer so I can go speakerless and have full stereo surround sound in my head while watching the movie.

We haven't gone the "smart home" route - probably won't, but other than that we're totally hooked up to the internet. With no cable.
The Xfinity he has now is a VOIP modem and even Verizon is very likely to have VOIP somewhere in the me middle.

Most VOIP modems have battery backup for power outages though they would not last as long as traditional landline service (if that even exists any more)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, forum, question, billing, cycle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.