Xfinity Mobile?

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2020, 09:34 AM
Default Xfinity Mobile?

I have Optimum cable in NY. They always tell me to switch to their cellphone svc that it's only $20. Problem is they use AT&T network and I still have monthly device pay for Verizon Phones ( all 5 of them on unlimited data family plan and pay about $240/mo )
When I go to TV, I have Xfinity cable and internet ( Mostly on seasonal since I am a snowbird ). For the informed bunch of you, what do you recommend? 3 phones are for my kids in NY and CA.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:39 AM
Default Just checked Visible.com ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
In addition, we have one line with visible (Visible.com) which is a Verizon MVNO and truly unlimited "high Speed" internet data for $25/month. Visible has the same restriction as Xfinity with respect to towers and network management.

Feel free to PM me if you would like more information on any of this....
We just checked Visible.com and it appears their minimum is now $40 @ mo
Old 12-19-2020, 09:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
That is true, however, you can join a Party Pay and it drops to $25/month. It's easy to join a Party and you don't have to know them. You use Reddit to find a party to join and that's all you have to do. Visible automatically gives you the discount and there is no other interaction with the Party.

I've been in a Party for about a year with people I don't know. We had a person drop out and our $25 rate was set to increase, but within a couple hours, we had a new member. Rate stayed at $25/month

More info: You searched for visible - Mobile Internet Resource Center
Old 12-19-2020, 10:04 AM

We switched from Verizon to Xfinity about one year ago. Saving $100 monthly on 2 phones with no drop off in service.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I've been with ATT for mobile for quite a while and it's been fine. But I have Xfinity for internet and television, which I'm pleased with and will be keeping. Lately I've been wondering...if I would switch to Xfinity mobile, is it possible I'd get a really good deal for bundling all my services together?

What I don't want to do is get inferior cell phone service, so I'd like to hear from you Xfinity mobile folks out there. Are you pleased? Anything particular I should know about the service before I consider a switch?

Thanks.
You should check to be certain that you do not need to buy a new phone to switch from
ATT to Xfinity. We have Xfinity. Since we no longer use the phone much, we switched to a pay as you go plan with ATT.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
You should check to be certain that you do not need to buy a new phone to switch from
ATT to Xfinity. We have Xfinity. Since we no longer use the phone much, we switched to a pay as you go plan with ATT.
You can bring your own.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:41 AM

Just switched from Sprint. Very pleased with price and service. Brought our own phones. Very simple process.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You can bring your own.
Maybe. You can go to this website to see if your phone is compatible with Xfinity Mobile.

XFINITY Mobile
Old 12-19-2020, 11:04 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I've been with ATT for mobile for quite a while and it's been fine. But I have Xfinity for internet and television, which I'm pleased with and will be keeping. Lately I've been wondering...if I would switch to Xfinity mobile, is it possible I'd get a really good deal for bundling all my services together?

What I don't want to do is get inferior cell phone service, so I'd like to hear from you Xfinity mobile folks out there. Are you pleased? Anything particular I should know about the service before I consider a switch?

Thanks.
Our friends told us about the free service from XF and we were skeptical. This was over 2 years ago. We were with Sprint and were not unhappy, but, FREE vrs. $170 plus a month for 2 phones was worth looking into.... sounded too good. At that time anyone who had Comcast for TV service could get the free mobile service. Our friends were so satisfied, and like us, travel a good deal, etc. At that time they only accepted certain brands of phones. We use Samsung Note phones, so when we needed new ones and found XF price for a note was approximately 50% less than any other place, we decided to take a chance ! In the two plus years since, it is the best move we've ever made phone wise, and we personally don't know a single person who took them up on the free service to any existing Comcast costumer and was unhappy, that includs our son and family in another state. But, maybe there are some who are unhappy with their choice and they will let you know on this site.

You need to know we are NOT huge consumers of data, so the largest overcharge we have ever received has been $15 including any taxes, usually there is no charge since we downloaded the XF Hotspots App which connects automatically to hundreds of thousands of XF hot-spots. Service in on the Verizon system and honestly we have not noticed any difference than our many years with Sprint, EXCEPT, we rarely experience a dropped call any more, and while not a major factor, in 12-15 years with Sprint we did experience many more dropped calls ! Since we changed, does not happen at all ! If you are hesitant I understand, for us going from $170 plus a month for cell phone service to $-0- or maybe $11, $15 at times was just not believable, but we also we very close with the friends who told us about it and knew would tell us any the truth about any negatives they experienced, any "down side", if one existed. Frankly, if you are a high data user, I think it would still be a huge savings even if you purchased additional data. Don't remember because we've seldom needed it, but think it runs $10 a gig.... but have not checked for a long time. You can SHARE the gig(s) if you purchase additional. When we started there were no "packages", the offer was simply sent in the monthly bill of all existing Comcast customer saying they could get "free" cell service just by being a Comcast customer. and could have NO future cell phone bills (unless you go over your minimum data). Works great for us, if we FB, or Zoom, watch a movie, etc. on our phones we are always using free wifi in airports, terminals, coffee shops, etc. or are on one of the XF hot-spots. Talk and texts are unlimited as our Sprint plan was.

Last edited by Pairadocs; 12-19-2020 at 11:18 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-19-2020, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Our friends told us about the free service from XF and we were skeptical. This was over 2 years ago. We were with Sprint and were not unhappy, but, FREE vrs. $170 plus a month for 2 phones was worth looking into.... sounded too good. At that time anyone who had Comcast for TV service could get the free mobile service. Our friends were so satisfied, and like us, travel a good deal, etc. At that time they only accepted certain brands of phones. We use Samsung Note phones, so when we needed new ones and found XF price for a note was approximately 50% less than any other place, we decided to take a chance ! In the two plus years since, it is the best move we've ever made phone wise, and we personally don't know a single person who took them up on the free service to any existing Comcast costumer including our son and family in another state. We are NOT huge consumers of data, so the largest overcharge we have ever received has been $15 including any taxes, usually there is no charge since we downloaded the XF Hotspots App which connects automatically to hundreds of thousands of XF hotspots. Service in on the Verizon system and honestly we have not noticed any difference than our many years with Sprint ! I might add that we think we have noticed a lot fewer dropped calls since we changed. If you are hesitant I understand, for us going from $170 plus a month for cell phone service to $-0- or maybe $11, $15 at times was just not believable, but we also knew our friends who told us about it would tell us any "down side" if one existed. Frankly, if you are a high data user, I think it would still be a huge savings even if you purchased additional data. Don't remember because we've never needed it, but think it runs $10 a gig.... but have not checked for a long time. You can SHARE the gig(s) if you purchase same. When we started there were no "packages", the offer was any existing Comcast customer could switch their mobile service to XF and have NO cell phone bills unless you go over your minimum data, works great for us, if we FB, or Zoom, watch a movie, etc. on our phones we are always using free wifi in airports, terminals, coffee shops, etc. or on one of the XF hotspots. Talk and texts are unlimited.
To clarify, when Xfinity Mobile service was first offered, if you used less than 100MB of data in a month, there was no charge for the cell phone service. However, that feature has changed. Now, you are charged for at least 1GB of data regardless of how much you use. I always use less than 1GB of data, and my monthly bill is $13.70.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:25 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
That's not as attractive as $25 for sure, think there are many out there now for $40. We're still very happy with our free cell service by being Comcast/Xfinity TV customers. Over two years now, no bills other than our monthly TV service and the network has been great (we travel a good deal); I believe it is actually Verizon. If they begin charging, will have to start comparing all these plans again !
Old 12-19-2020, 11:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To clarify, when Xfinity Mobile service was first offered, if you used less than 100MB of data in a month, there was no charge for the cell phone service. However, that feature has changed. Now, you are charged for at least 1GB of data regardless of how much you use. I always use less than 1GB of data, and my monthly bill is $13.70.
Nope, not true. Got latest bill via email Thursday, as usual it said: you monthly charge is $-0- this month. That's our usual, but twice in the past year we had $15.40 and one for $11.80, so we're happy that our original agreement HAS been honored. The "rub" for us is, IF we change our (now VERY old Comcast package "deal") we would actually get a lower price for the same services but would "loose" our original agreement for the cell service ("free" for life.... as long as you change nothing). What you are referencing is for some folks, who actually were not the very first to get the service, the "terms" have changed and they are now charged a minimum each month, they have no completely "free" option any more. But it's a trade off, if we change to a new package, we will (according to them) get a minimum charge for data. There's always something to have to push the pencil with ALL these providers, they are NOT in business to enhance OUR lives or offer "free" services.... LOL... they have a business to make PROFITS so..... we must do the math...LOL !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 12-19-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-19-2020, 12:46 PM

So when you are traveling service is still good? Anyone use it on a ship or overseas?
Old 12-19-2020, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You can bring your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Maybe. You can go to this website to see if your phone is compatible with Xfinity Mobile.

XFINITY Mobile
The site says bring your own. I checked and I brought my own.....6 months ago.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Nope, not true. Got latest bill via email Thursday, as usual it said: you monthly charge is $-0- this month. That's our usual, but twice in the past year we had $15.40 and one for $11.80, so we're happy that our original agreement HAS been honored. The "rub" for us is, IF we change our (now VERY old Comcast package "deal") we would actually get a lower price for the same services but would "loose" our original agreement for the cell service ("free" for life.... as long as you change nothing). What you are referencing is for some folks, who actually were not the very first to get the service, the "terms" have changed and they are now charged a minimum each month, they have no completely "free" option any more. But it's a trade off, if we change to a new package, we will (according to them) get a minimum charge for data. There's always something to have to push the pencil with ALL these providers, they are NOT in business to enhance OUR lives or offer "free" services.... LOL... they have a business to make PROFITS so..... we must do the math...LOL !
That's interesting because I signed up when Xfinity Mobile first started. I used to get bills with a zero balance (I think they added some tax) when I used less than 100MG of data, but not anymore. My bill is $13.70 every month, even when I use less than 100MB. I don't understand why you got bills for $15.40 and $11.80. Why the difference? I am on the single line plan and pay by the GB. Maybe you have a different plan?
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, mobile, service, switch, pleased

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.