Yahoo is soooo slow

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts
Default Yahoo is soooo slow

My yahoo is so slow that I close the yahoo page just to do other things. Is this just me?
Old 01-04-2018, 06:00 PM

Yahoo relies on a lot of outdated tech, and as such, can be an issue. i'm betting you are using it with Internet explorer. Switch to a different browser like chrome and it should be responsive again...

Jim
Old 01-04-2018, 06:37 PM

Our internet was noticeably slow a few days ago and we received a letter for Xfinity they were bumping up the speed of their internet and that we needed to shut everything down and pull the plug on the modem for 30 seconds. Everything has been fine since then.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Veteran member

I'm going from Yahoo to Gmail..no spam!
Old 01-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Yahoo relies on a lot of outdated tech, and as such, can be an issue. i'm betting you are using it with Internet explorer. Switch to a different browser like chrome and it should be responsive again...

Jim
Correct, Jim. I had to call Yahoo because I could no longer open my Yahoo mail and view my Yahoo homepage. They said Yahoo was no longer supported by IE, period. So I switch back and forth between IE and Chrome (no need to close either when working both).
Old 01-04-2018, 11:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Yahoo relies on a lot of outdated tech, and as such, can be an issue. i'm betting you are using it with Internet explorer. Switch to a different browser like chrome and it should be responsive again.
I'm using Yahoo with Firefox, and it's always slow.
Do you think switching to Chrome would help?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

I've been using a Chromebook for about 6 years now. I've been an IBM mainframe programer, a Windows support person and worked on computers you never heard of, I use the Chromebook 99.9% of the time.
It comes up fast, never gets a virus or malware, updates without any interruption to using it.

Remember, someone has to get the virus before someone else creates a "cure" for it.

If you like having to update your PC all the time and wait for the updates and still need virus protection software that you have to keep up to date, then you can keep your PC.

I do have a PC, but only use it one a month or so and will be giving it up next year (finacial reasons).
Old 01-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

MVS, I assume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
I've been using a Chromebook for about 6 years now. I've been an IBM mainframe programer, a Windows support person and worked on computers you never heard of, I use the Chromebook 99.9% of the time.
It comes up fast, never gets a virus or malware, updates without any interruption to using it.

Remember, someone has to get the virus before someone else creates a "cure" for it.

If you like having to update your PC all the time and wait for the updates and still need virus protection software that you have to keep up to date, then you can keep your PC.

I do have a PC, but only use it one a month or so and will be giving it up next year (finacial reasons).
Old 01-12-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm using Yahoo with Firefox, and it's always slow.
Do you think switching to Chrome would help?
Blocking the Ads on yahoo is the trick to making that web site usable again.

I suggest using Chrome, with Ublock origin and Privacy Badger. I posted configuration setting in a newer post on here asking about ad blockers...

Jim
Closed Thread

Tags
yahoo, slow, things, close, soooo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.