**BEWARE Crazy Gatorland Cart rentals**

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Default **BEWARE Crazy Gatorland Cart rentals**

I just want all of the villagers to know that if you decide to rent a golf cart from Crazy Gatorland Cart rentals, that if you cancel EVEN TWO WEEKS OUT, they keep 1/2 of your upfront Charge! I looked in the Daily Sun on March 6th for "golf Cart rentals".. Saw their ad, called and they reserved a 2 seater gas cart for the week of 3/25-4/02 and said they needed my C card # to "hold " the cart. My company from up north called 2days later ( 3-08) and said they couldn't make it. I called Crazy Gatorland and cancelled two days later, lady said, " ok no problem, thanks for letting us know"..I thought nothing more of it until I received my credit card bill this morning....Total charged to my card on 3-6 was $ 132.25, total Credited on 3-8 ($ 66.12)..When I called to inquire about this, she said, " I told you that was our policy when you called"..No she did not as I never even chatted with that particular person! BEWARE Villagers!! When I asked her how she justified this when the CX was 17 DAYS OUT, her response was..." Well we could have rented that cart out." I said you still can 17 days out in the busy season! I (almost ) could understand less than a week out, but this is outrageous..Thought I would get the word out so you know what you are getting into with these folks out of Ocala....
Old 03-20-2018, 12:09 PM

Call the credit card company and dispute the charge. They will not pay them until an investigation is complete. Most times than not, you get to keep your money. Most vendors value their credit card system and if they get too many complaints, the Visa/Mastercard will cancel their access.

Also if you are feeling really mad, contact the BBB and file a complaint. Go to Google maps, click on the company, and write a review. Every state has a consumer complaint department, search Google for Florida Consumer Complaints. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

You might give a Senior vs Crime office a call. Or better yet visit their office @ CR 466 Sumter County Village Annex. I’ve heard that they are very helpful in situations that you describe.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Before you do all that check to see if the company has a rental policy online with refund provisions. If its only he said/she said...you will win . BUT if they have a rental policy on line then you should have been aware of that. Their policy is not unreasonable especially on high season!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Before you do all that check to see if the company has a rental policy online with refund provisions. If its only he said/she said...you will win . BUT if they have a rental policy on line then you should have been aware of that. Their policy is not unreasonable especially on high season!
I would call the cc company anyway. Usually if they have something online, you would have to click to submit that you agreed to their terms. If you ordered by phone, you wouldn't have seen the online terms anyway. My guess is you'll get your $ back if you contact the cc company. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:47 PM
Default For my two cents worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlou View Post
I just want all of the villagers to know that if you decide to rent a golf cart from Crazy Gatorland Cart rentals, that if you cancel EVEN TWO WEEKS OUT, they keep 1/2 of your upfront Charge! I looked in the Daily Sun on March 6th for "golf Cart rentals".. Saw their ad, called and they reserved a 2 seater gas cart for the week of 3/25-4/02 and said they needed my C card # to "hold " the cart. My company from up north called 2days later ( 3-08) and said they couldn't make it. I called Crazy Gatorland and cancelled two days later, lady said, " ok no problem, thanks for letting us know"..I thought nothing more of it until I received my credit card bill this morning....Total charged to my card on 3-6 was $ 132.25, total Credited on 3-8 ($ 66.12)..When I called to inquire about this, she said, " I told you that was our policy when you called"..No she did not as I never even chatted with that particular person! BEWARE Villagers!! When I asked her how she justified this when the CX was 17 DAYS OUT, her response was..." Well we could have rented that cart out." I said you still can 17 days out in the busy season! I (almost ) could understand less than a week out, but this is outrageous..Thought I would get the word out so you know what you are getting into with these folks out of Ocala....
RE: PHONE CALL
You have no proof what so ever-your word vs the other party. You should send a return receipt letter disputing this charge.
RE: CREDIT CARD COMPANY
It is truly easy to file a dispute and withhold payment.
If, as you explain the company has kept half of your deposit, Putting a hold on the payment will cost them the original credit card costs-guess 2% plus the cost of the return funds to you-guess 2% so they loose 4%.
RE: ANY DISCUSSION ON SUCH AN ISSUE
You want to ask to speak to a manager. In this case you can probably find the name of the OWNER and politely but forcefully request they refund your money. Too often the person who picks up the phone-DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER DO DO ANYTHING.

FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT FIGHT-DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AND THE COMPANY KNOWS THIS.

SMALL CLAIMS COURT COSTS YOU LIKE $14 TO START A CASE. IF THE COMPANY IS A CORPORATION THEY WILL NEED TO SEND AN ATTORNEY AT A COST OF 2-300 AN HOUR.

I've been to small claims TWICE in my life. BOTH TIMES I WON AND COLLECTED.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
RE: PHONE CALL
You have no proof what so ever-your word vs the other party. You should send a return receipt letter disputing this charge.
RE: CREDIT CARD COMPANY
It is truly easy to file a dispute and withhold payment.
If, as you explain the company has kept half of your deposit, Putting a hold on the payment will cost them the original credit card costs-guess 2% plus the cost of the return funds to you-guess 2% so they loose 4%.
RE: ANY DISCUSSION ON SUCH AN ISSUE
You want to ask to speak to a manager. In this case you can probably find the name of the OWNER and politely but forcefully request they refund your money. Too often the person who picks up the phone-DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER DO DO ANYTHING.

FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT FIGHT-DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AND THE COMPANY KNOWS THIS.

SMALL CLAIMS COURT COSTS YOU LIKE $14 TO START A CASE. IF THE COMPANY IS A CORPORATION THEY WILL NEED TO SEND AN ATTORNEY AT A COST OF 2-300 AN HOUR.

I've been to small claims TWICE in my life. BOTH TIMES I WON AND COLLECTED.
You really are going to extremes for no more than $66 less court costs..you must have alot more time on you hands than most of us! If a call to the credit card company does not work, its probably not worth your time and effort.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, called, crazy, days, card

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.