Deleted posts from TOTV

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Default Deleted posts from TOTV

This was once a site I could recommend a Service provider to other residents. Yes I said once. I and my friends have numerous times tried to post on the topic in the correct forum and in the correct manner Referrals to Landscape companies, Painters, and also a Lawn Company. Now everytime we recommend someone. Our whole Thread is Deleted with no Explitive on why. I have mentioned this over 3 times and I know over 19 other users have had the same trouble.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardbrunswick View Post
This was once a site I could recommend a Service provider to other residents. Yes I said once. I and my friends have numerous times tried to post on the topic in the correct forum and in the correct manner Referrals to Landscape companies, Painters, and also a Lawn Company. Now everytime we recommend someone. Our whole Thread is Deleted with no Explitive on why. I have mentioned this over 3 times and I know over 19 other users have had the same trouble.
I would think if someone, no matter how long they have been a member of TOTV. Has something to say it would be in the forum.. But they assume they have the right to delete the thread even know it follows TOTV Guidlines that TOTV made.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I would think if someone, no matter how long they have been a member of TOTV. Has something to say it would be in the forum.. But they assume they have the right to delete the thread even know it follows TOTV Guidlines that TOTV made.
No explitives?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Default Yes

You and I alike.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4me View Post
No explitives?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Default Email

Yes an Email, They send me an email with no explanation in the matter at all.
This is a ridiculous Idea for any member to assume. That is exactly what it is an assumption of somebody that had nothing to do with the thread in the first place.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Default I agree

Maybe the ADMIN should actually read through threads that are flagged or reported before they just delete them. With no cause at all other than heirsay.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehillman View Post
Maybe the ADMIN should actually read through threads that are flagged or reported before they just delete them. With no cause at all other than heirsay.
Forgot to say I agree with all of the other members that had this happen.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
I haven't experienced any recommendations I've made being deleted, but understand that that's not to say that I am doubting your experience. Depending on how the recommendation is made and by whom it was made, I would think that making recommendations that were asked for by another is a major element in the worthyness and success of this site. On the other hand I can see unsolicited recommendations being deleted as this is an ad driven site and those unsolicited recommendations would not be fair to the paying advertisors.

If you've experienced an exceptional service that you care to share with others, I would suggest (unless disapproved by the Admin) that your statement could be made identifying the type of service, but not the name the provider. That information could be shared by indicating to others that they can PM for it if interested. I'd welcome Admin's comments on this as it could help clearify the issue!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I dont get it why do they do this with out first reading through the thread. The whole forum is under Contractors and services and they have old I mean old threads that are almost word for word of what I put up.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcantrell View Post
I dont get it why do they do this with out first reading through the thread. The whole forum is under Contractors and services and they have old I mean old threads that are almost word for word of what I put up.
No this was asked by a member her name is phyliss davis and she asked numerous times for some recommendations on lawn companies, painters, and some other users did the same. I myself had answered her in a deligent manner and it was deleted 9 hrs after being posted. The whole Thread

Last edited by chuckcantrell; 08-07-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: the thread
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Default This is The Services forum

Right?? So if I want a service thread no matter on who what where when or why as long as it is in the guidlines it is legit. Now for anything to stop us is a breach in contract made by totv and myself. It is redundant to have guidlines if not followed by the admin. Now there is a difference between Spam, and Asking for a Recommendation. Now for anybody to question the realisticness of a question is obsurd this is obtuse.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4me View Post
No explitives?

ex·ple·tive
   [ek-spli-tiv] Show IPA

noun
an interjectory word or expression, frequently profane; an exclamatory oath.

a syllable, word, or phrase serving to fill out.

Grammar . a word considered as regularly filling the syntactic position of another, as it in It is his duty to go, or there in There is nothing here.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylissdavis View Post
ex·ple·tive
   [ek-spli-tiv] Show IPA

noun
an interjectory word or expression, frequently profane; an exclamatory oath.

a syllable, word, or phrase serving to fill out.

Grammar . a word considered as regularly filling the syntactic position of another, as it in It is his duty to go, or there in There is nothing here.
Thank you Bernard!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Over the past 24 hours there have been numerous spam postings for painting contractors. When multiple accounts are set up in the same hour and their very first post is recommending the same painter it is suspicious. Not even an introduction to the site from the new member(s) before making a recommendation. Over the past 24 hours I have removed a couple of threads that were suspect of this nature AND I also have emailed AND sent PM to these individuals some are specifically in this thread and I offered to discuss further over the phone if they had further concerns regarding the reasons why.

Remember there are businesses that are legitimately paying to sponsor on the site. While recommendations from good contractors and services are always welcome we will be diligent in sorting through the legitimate ones and the ones that are for a commercial gain. We will not always get it 100% but would rather error on the side of protecting the small local business owners who are legitimately contributing to the site. When a member has been registered for a longer period of time or has history of contributing posts then it is highly unlikely that a recommendation would ever be removed. But if you register and in that same day you are making a commercial recommendation on post #1 along with several other users that registered that same day and their #1 post is the same commercial recommendation, then that thread will more than likely be removed for the reasons listed above.

I hope this provides further clarity to this issue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.