15 Year Granite Sealer

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Veteran member
Default 15 Year Granite Sealer

We're having new granite installed in our lanai and a 15 year sealer is included.

I want to have my granite in the kitchen sealed with the same product (InvisaBlock) but the sales person quoted $4 a sq foot which I feel is on the high side. I asked my son who has a construction remodeling company in IL if this price is in line and he too felt it was on the high side.

First, has anyone had this sealer done to their granite and secondly, who did you use and what price per sq foot were you quoted?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539 View Post
We're having new granite installed in our lanai and a 15 year sealer is included.

I want to have my granite in the kitchen sealed with the same product (InvisaBlock) but the sales person quoted $4 a sq foot which I feel is on the high side. I asked my son who has a construction remodeling company in IL if this price is in line and he too felt it was on the high side.

First, has anyone had this sealer done to their granite and secondly, who did you use and what price per sq foot were you quoted?

Thanks
Sealing granite is so simple I suggest buying the product and doing it yourself.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Sealing granite is so simple I suggest buying the product and doing it yourself.
I think so too.

And I have had granite for a long time and if you wash it with soap and water and only cut and prepare foods on cutting boards that is enough really, if you are worried about bacteria transfer. The granite maintains it's shine pretty well without any special treatment.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think so too.

And I have had granite for a long time and if you wash it with soap and water and only cut and prepare foods on cutting boards that is enough really, if you are worried about bacteria transfer. The granite maintains it's shine pretty well without any special treatment.
I do the same thing and my granite looks brand new still after 7 years.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 PM

I agree! I have granite in home up north and I use Granite Magic(polish, cleaner, sealer in one) and smells like citrus not like some granite cleaners that smell the house like chemicals. Works great had my granite for 7 years and still looks as if it was just put in.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

The sealer being discussed is different then the DIY type. The 15 year sealer is a commercial grade that is more like a clear coat. Go to Garvino's and check their granite on the bar. It has the 15 year sealer. Not the same as the thin liquid sealer we do our homes with. Look at it and feel it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.