AB Drywall - beware

Old 03-08-2024, 12:26 PM
Thumbs down AB Drywall - beware

The Good: Scheduling was easy and they showed up as promised. They isolated all dust very well and we did not have any dirt. For the most part, their painting job was acceptable (there is a small 20x20 section of my kitchen where I can clearly see lines from the roller or sprayer).

The Bad: During their work, they called to inform me that they ran into an issue and said that an oil based paint was used in one of the rooms and it would take longer than planned as the popcorn ceiling was not absorbing the water spray.

Showed up the next day to go back into the house and paid them. At that time, I noticed a very unpleasant odor in the house and asked them about it. They said that it would dissipate in a few days and just to keep the windows open as much as possible in order to let it all dry. Four days later and the awful smell is still present and not improving at all. I sent them a text inquiring about the persistent odor and received no reply. I called them the following week and was told that they were working just South of me and would stop over to see what we were complaining about – no one ever showed up. Aghast at the lack of professionalism, my realtor reached out to them a week later asking them to please investigate what was going on with their job. The response was that the carpets were old and that we had a dog and that the awful smell in the house was not from anything that they did (even though when you stand on a ladder and smell the ceiling it is very clear where the odor is emanating from).

I have received advice from a couple of handyman that have come over to help us with suggestions on how we can remedy the situation. It is shameful that AB Drywall has done nothing to help in this situation (from their lack of responsiveness or their unwillingness to stop back and investigate what is happening after their work).

So buyer beware, once they get their money they are done with you! If anything does not go according to plan, good luck. At a minimum, I would have expected them to come back and validate what we were experiencing and be part of putting a plan in place to remedy the situation. As “the professionals”, they were in the best position to help us.

I will never use them again or recommend them to anyone. Again, take our experience into consideration when contemplating using them for any job you have in mind.

Last edited by wessner74; 03-08-2024 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Welcome to TOTV. At the very bottom of the screen you will see "Website rules" If you click there you will read

"You may post a personal recommendation or experiences that you have personally had the first hand but you cannot self promote your business or any commercial entity that you have any association with. Any posts that violate this guideline will be removed. Recommendations are more credible when you are an active participant on the site with at least 10 posts. For this reason please do not post a recommendation or experience with less than 10 posts as these may be removed."

I mention this so you will be aware that your experience may be removed not because you did something wrong, but rather this rule protects against people coming here to attack perhaps being from a competing business etc. So... if you get deleted you need to come and make a comment on ten stories then you will have no issue repeating your experience.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I’m betting it will not be deleted.😀
Old 03-08-2024, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I’m betting it will not be deleted.😀
And I'm betting you're right!

Tags
house, rooms, paint, back, smell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.