Air Duct Cleaning

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2021, 07:30 AM
Default Air Duct Cleaning

Is it worth it to have your air ducts cleaned? Wife sneezes a lot in the mornings and we are wondering if it is the A/C system or just the pollen in the air. What is the price range to have duct cleaning for a 1200sq ft home?
Old 04-12-2021, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

In my opinion, it is not a good idea to clean the HVAC ducts. They are flexible ducts that cannot be adequately cleaned and they could also be damaged during the cleaning process.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I agree with above, you can have the metal grate areas in the ceiling cleaned (I did this myself with a hand vacuum), but i would never attempt to have the thin flexible duct work cleaned.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

We used ServePro to do ours. The previous owners had two large dogs and we did a deep clean just after settlement. The amount of dog hair in the back of the refrigerator and that came out of the ducts was appalling! They also sanitized the ductwork and opened up the AC innards to check for mold. Luckily, that wan't a problem...

They also cleaned our dryer vent. I couldn't be happier with the results...
Old 04-12-2021, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,081 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In my opinion, it is not a good idea to clean the HVAC ducts. They are flexible ducts that cannot be adequately cleaned and they could also be damaged during the cleaning process.
Totally agree, cleaning will likely damage the ducts. Our A/C guy told me that rather than clean the ducts, a couple of times a year to remove the filter, run the A/C, and spray a can of aerosol Lysol into the area where the filter typically resides (the air intake) and the Lysol will circulate through the duct work and disinfect it. After the process, put in a new filter. We do this twice per year and have never had an air quality problem. The only two problems with this are 1) the house smells of Lysol for a day or two, and 2) Lysol is hard to find during this dam pandemic.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:10 AM
Default Deep clean recommendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
We used ServePro to do ours. The previous owners had two large dogs and we did a deep clean just after settlement. The amount of dog hair in the back of the refrigerator and that came out of the ducts was appalling! They also sanitized the ductwork and opened up the AC innards to check for mold. Luckily, that wan't a problem...

They also cleaned our dryer vent. I couldn't be happier with the results...
Hi, I'm moving to Azalea village next month and want to have house thoroughly cleaned along with the ducts. Who did you use and were you happy with work? Thanks!
Old 05-30-2021, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimC060809 View Post
Hi, I'm moving to Azalea village next month and want to have house thoroughly cleaned along with the ducts. Who did you use and were you happy with work? Thanks!
Rodney, from 'Serve-Pro' handled the house cleaning and the ductwork cleaning. He has a guy he uses exclusively that did a wonderful job...

I don't have his name here (it's with my papers in TV), but I can get if for you when I'm there in a few weeks...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
air, cleaning, duct, pollen, range

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.