Certified Financial Planner Needed

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2020, 09:17 PM
Smile Certified Financial Planner Needed

Social Security Age - looking for a Certified Financial Planner recommendation - so I can have help deciding on the best time to take my social security benefits.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

My planner is in PA, I still use him, but he is with Ameriprise and they have a local office. There are several online services, but there are many other things to consider, as you appear to be aware of. You will need to consider all of your other income sources, in a few years RMDs, taxes and several other items. I do not have any recommendation for any planners in TV as I have not had any personal experience with them.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

In general if you can afford to delay SS this is your best option as your benefit grows each year you delay.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:43 PM
Sage

Here is a website that will do a lot of the heavy lifting for you. Make sure you check the box at the top for "Advanced Options" and specify various assumed ages at death to get a better feel for when to file. It will handle the case of a married couple where both are born before 1954 and one can file for spousal benefits and delay their own benefits till a later date.

Open Social Security: Free, Open-Source Social Security Calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusix View Post
Social Security Age - looking for a Certified Financial Planner recommendation - so I can have help deciding on the best time to take my social security benefits.

Last edited by biker1; 01-24-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
certified, planner, social, security, financial

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.