Airport Shuttle - Yellow Cab

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Default Airport Shuttle - Yellow Cab

Has anyone used Yellow Cab for transportation to/from Orlando Airport? They are advertising door-to-door service for $35, but you must make reservations at least 24 hours in advance.

John
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The Yellow Cab in TV? Do you have their phone number? I wonder if this is per person. Doesn't seem like they can survive long doing it at this rate considering the tolls, gas, etc. However, certainly worth taking advantage of while we can.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-08-2009, 09:41 AM

It is per person ... I don't know if Talk Host will yell at me for posting their number ... PM me ... or if Talk Host says it is OK
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
It is per person ... I don't know if Talk Host will yell at me for posting their number ... PM me ... or if Talk Host says it is OK
I would never yell at anybody, I'm just a lovable fuzz ball. Ask anybody who knows me.

Go ahead an post their phone number. Let's also hope that somebody will tell them that they should buy an ad on Talk of The Villages.

Me yell, I just cant imagine.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Default Yellow Cab

I just booked my trip to the airport with the Yellow Cab folks. It's $35 each way, each person door to door. They said they are striving to be "faster, cheaper, better" than the shuttle. Anyhow, their number is 352-241-2000.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peazoup View Post
I just booked my trip to the airport with the Yellow Cab folks. It's $35 each way, each person door to door. They said they are striving to be "faster, cheaper, better" than the shuttle. Anyhow, their number is 352-241-2000.
I have their ad posted on the fridge, and I wondered if they charge $35 PLUS the tolls? Is it really only $35 INCLUDING the tolls? Do you know if they charge extra for golf bags? It does sound too good to be true...
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 12-09-2009, 03:27 PM

I just booked a trip as well... will report experience

JohnM
Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 AM

PS - The only drawback I see is that they will pick up several passengers from their homes so the trip to and from the airport will probably take longer than our Villages shuttle. Apparently, they have new vans but I don't know how many passengers they can accommodate.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peazoup View Post
PS - The only drawback I see is that they will pick up several passengers from their homes so the trip to and from the airport will probably take longer than our Villages shuttle. Apparently, they have new vans but I don't know how many passengers they can accommodate.

Please be aware! The last time Amity and I used a van service like this, they too picked up elsewhere. Wasn't bad on the way to the airport, but on the way home, the van was full. They had drop offs in Tavares, Eustis, Mt. Dora and other places. We were the last ones on the list, so the ride home was a little over two hours.

We had paid a little extra for what we thought was pick up on demand. The driver told us that the extra charge was for them to wait for us at the airport. They did in fact wait about 25 minutes for our late arrival. The other passengers in the van, who sat and waited, were understandably already ****ed at us even before we got in the van. It was a quiet ride home.

Find out from Yellow if they do the same thing.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Rode a similar service, Lake County Limo (van), home from the Orlando Airport several months ago. 2 1/2 hours to my house after numerous stops in Clermont, Mt. Dora, Tavares and Eustis. At midnight, it was not a pleasant trip. As always, "Buyer Beware".

I now use the Villages Shuttle, or if after hours rent a one-way rental.

Last edited by chuckster; 12-10-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:38 PM

I used them 12-10-09 and 12-18-09 ... no problems ... 1 other passenger to ORL, 2 coming back from ORL ... no big deal for me ... will use them again.

John
Old 12-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Founder

A-1 taxi of Leesburg is now a sponsor on this forum. They offer airport service. Their airport rates start at $75. Their number is (352) 728-8294
Old 12-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

We used Yellow Cab yesterday to MCO and had no problems. They picked us up on time and there was a total of 6 passengers in the van. If you are claustophobic I wouldn't use it though..... a little tight. I would much prefer to use the Villages shuttle, but then you have the problem of getting to and from it. Does anyone know if there is a place to park at the Shuttle...long term (2weeks, maybe Publix lot)?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Default Yellow Cab

Used them to go to Orlando to the airport back and forth. Loved them. Door to door service, professional driver. Will even pick you up in the middle of the night. Highly recommend them.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Default Yellow Cab Van

I have used them several times. They pick you up when they say they will. I usually make a reservation in advance and call the day before just to verify. Usually the van driver calls you the night before to let you know the exact time.

I have only used them once to come back to the Villages from Orlando Airport. We had to wait an hour for pickup, but the Villages shuttle only has certain times they pick up there too.

The major advantage is that they pick you up at home and you don't have to have someone take you or drive a car yourself to the Villages shuttle.

My experience has been good, and I will use them again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.