Amish Furniture Store

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2019, 07:45 AM
fw102807
Default Amish Furniture Store

So 3 months to receive my desk from The Amish Furniture Store, that was fine I expected that, but it was totally the wrong color which I did not expect. Another 3 months to get the replacement that was the right color but missing a keyboard drawer and had the wrong hardware. It has been 2 months now and I am still waiting for them to fix this. It is really beautiful furniture all real wood but their customer service is the worst I have encountered and I will not buy there again.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Default For another opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
So 3 months to receive my desk from The Amish Furniture Store, that was fine I expected that, but it was totally the wrong color which I did not expect. Another 3 months to get the replacement that was the right color but missing a keyboard drawer and had the wrong hardware. It has been 2 months now and I am still waiting for them to fix this. It is really beautiful furniture all real wood but their customer service is the worst I have encountered and I will not buy there again.

We've bought from them three different times and were pleased each time.

As to the wrong color. Not sure if you are declaring a mistake or the fact that different sorts of wood will take stains differently and colors of anything change depending on the light. A simple trick as far as light, view anything under tungsten lighting and it will look more red than in daylight.

Experience-I used to teach color printing. I am slightly color blind in the red-common for many men. I quickly discovered in a debate between thirty men as to it is too ????? and one lady, the lady was usually right.

I do a bit of woodworking. Rather than doing it right as Amis Furniture is doing for you, a lesser place would try to modify the piece the originally made for you.

Far as them taking two months to remake your furniture. Realize since what they sell is semi custom. To remake your furniture will take as long as the original order.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:04 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
We've bought from them three different times and were pleased each time.

As to the wrong color. Not sure if you are declaring a mistake or the fact that different sorts of wood will take stains differently and colors of anything change depending on the light. A simple trick as far as light, view anything under tungsten lighting and it will look more red than in daylight.

Experience-I used to teach color printing. I am slightly color blind in the red-common for many men. I quickly discovered in a debate between thirty men as to it is too ????? and one lady, the lady was usually right.

I do a bit of woodworking. Rather than doing it right as Amis Furniture is doing for you, a lesser place would try to modify the piece the originally made for you.

Far as them taking two months to remake your furniture. Realize since what they sell is semi custom. To remake your furniture will take as long as the original order.
No it was not the way the wood took the stain they ordered the wrong color, it was nowhere close to the correct color and it took another 3 months and now another 2 months to get the hardware. If you buy off the floor you will probably not have a problem but beware doing a custom order.
Closed Thread

Tags
furniture, months, amish, color, store

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.