Another bad experience at Colony Tire Choice

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
We had a questionable experience 5 years ago with my wife having to purchase 4 new tires when she was told a nail hole was in an area they couldn't repair. I saw where the nail hole was but had to leave for work in my old home state so instructed her to go to Colony Tire Choice to have tire plugged and I'd deal with long term when I got home. Well that plug turned into 4 new tires and a full extra service/insurance package. I had not been back until today when I could not get into my regular service place for an oil change and tire rotation. Remembering my last experience I marked my two back rims just to make sure they did get rotated. As I waited in lobby the scheduler came out with the obligatory 4 or 5 hundred dollars worth on service I needed, including a wheel alignment. I said thank you but just oil change and tire rotation today. About :30 later car was "ready". I paid and left. When I got home I checked and tires had not be rotated. Called Tire Choice and they said they had been rotated, he said she said I guess. I wonder if I got the synthetic oil I paid extra for? I did file an online complaint to Florida Attorney General. I'd like to contact owner but no contact information?
i had a similar experience a few years ago ... i would NEVER take my car to this place
Old 12-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Default it pays to shop around

I live in the middle of Tire Choice colony and Tire Choice on Wedgewood. Needed golf cart tires mounted and with the noise on this thread I called to see if the price was the same ???? NO WAY !!!!

COLONY $25 per tire
WEDGEWOOD $15 per tire

Guess where I'm going now.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

I don't like Tire Choice either. But, yesterday, I had a screw stuck in my tire. I drove across the street to the Colony Tire Choice, they fixed it in less than 30 minutes, and charged me $38. I was afraid to drive to Wildwood because of possibly getting stuck with a flat tire. Did I have another option?
Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't like Tire Choice either. But, yesterday, I had a screw stuck in my tire. I drove across the street to the Colony Tire Choice, they fixed it in less than 30 minutes, and charged me $38. I was afraid to drive to Wildwood because of possibly getting stuck with a flat tire. Did I have another option?
Yes you did, it is the spare tire that you carry in your trunk.
Closed Thread

Tags
tire, oil, rotated, home, tires

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.