Any Honest Auto Repair Shops?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Default Sumter tire & Auto

Been there a number of times Quick And honest
Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 AM

For those on the north side of TV (Marion County), Hilton's is excellent - good work, honest, fair prices. I and all of my neighbors use them. They are just north of the 42/441 intersection, behind the BP station.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
We had a good experience with Michaels in Fruitland Park. My mother's car air conditioner did not work and he said it just needed freon which he added. Efficient and economical. The ambiance is not great - be prepared.
I just had a couple of my power windows repaired and had some A/C work done is well. Michael's Auto Repair was fantastic. He fit me in to his schedule because I didn't have a ride home, the repair came out to be significantly less costly than the initial estimate, and everything is working perfectly now. He seems to run a great shop and appears to be very honest, sometimes a rarity in the car repair business. I will definitely use him again and would recommend him to friends and neighbors.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Sage

I recommend Tri-County Auto on 441 across from the hospital. Just before Lowe's. Honest, fair, courteous and they do good work.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie888 View Post
The best and most honest iI have found is Jason Accurso.Oxford behind bargins and treasures 748 9004
Very honest,took my car in for rear brakes that squeak once and a while.they called and told me I still had 50% of brakes left.Could have just replaced as I had asked
Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie888 View Post
The best and most honest iI have found is Jason Accurso.Oxford behind bargins and treasures 748 9004
Another vote for Jason Accurso, just south of CR 466, east of CR 301. Behind Bargains and Treasures in Oxford. Fireboy is very picky about who works on his vehicles. We find Jason honest and reliable.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM

These guys have proven to be honest and reliable numerous times in recent months...

Automotive Service 16676 S. US Highway 441, Summerfield, FL / (352) 693-2245
Old 06-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Platinum member

We are very happy with Tri County Automotive on 441. Excellent service, reasonable and no upselling.
Nancy
Old 06-16-2012, 01:08 PM

It is very hard to decide who is good and who is not...I have been to Hilton's on 441 just north of TV...they over charged me on work they did, cut a hose too short that popped when I left them (and they charged me for that to fix) lost a cap, the list goes on......and not to forget the man behind the desk was sooo rude! I know not to go there again!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
For those on the north side of TV (Marion County), Hilton's is excellent - good work, honest, fair prices. I and all of my neighbors use them. They are just north of the 42/441 intersection, behind the BP station.
Totally agree!!!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Tri-County on 441 across from Denny's. Not sure how they do with extensive repairs but they've been great for oil changes and minor issues for me for about 6 years now.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Veteran member
Location: Full Time in the Village of Gilchrist (aka Party Central)

I have to agree with the other posters who recommend Tri-County Automotive. I just returned from there with my '08 Ford Expedition that had a squeal in one of the brakes. I didn't have an appt but Ritchie told me to come on in if I didn't mind waiting. I got there and left the car. Came back an hour later and Richie told me that I needed new brakes on the rear. He also warned me that the lug nuts were on too tight and they might break when removed. I told him to go ahead and try. The mechanic (nice kid) got the lug nuts loose and proceeded with the brake job. Ritchie looked at the rotors and advised that they be replaced due to excessive rust on same. He gave me the info to make an informed choice but used no pressure. I elected to have the rotors replaced also. The entire bill was $300 including labor and he even upgraded me to ceramic brake pads at no charge. I am more than satisfied with the service and ethics of this business and will go there in the future when the need arises. Great job, guys!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 PM

We have been VERY Pleased with Michael's Auto Repair. 3523652468

D Carter
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Default Tri County Automotive

I use Tri County Automotive on 441 by Lowe's and across from Denny's. They have treated me very well. Listening to them explain problems to customers and the honesty they show makes me feel good that I use them. Been going to them for a long time and not disappointed.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Default Auto Repair

I have used Tri-County Auto Service on 441 across from The Villages Hospital and have been very satisfied with them. They fixed my battery while I waited and were very friendly and accommodating. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjcschaich View Post
Twice within 9 months we've gotten taken by auto service centers. Last summer we took our Trail Blazer to Tire Choice to have two new tires mounted and a wheel alignment taken care of. That was expensive enough. After we picked up the car, we noticed the clock was an-hour-an-half ahead of time. Didn't think much of it at the time since who knows what needs to be done mounting tires and aligning wheels? The next day I noticed the gas gauge read almost on "E" when we just filled up two days earlier. We hadn't driven anywhere to use up nearly a full tank of gas. I thought someone had siphoned gas. I mentioned it to my husband and again couldn't find an explanation for the lack of gas. Within a couple more days, my husband noticed the gauge pointer was straight down, as if broken, and from then on it went all over the gauge. We never knew how much gas we had in the tank. Our lesson learned was that we should've taken the car right back to Tire Choice and asked why the gas gauge broke and the clock was set ahead of time after it was in their shop. It will now cost $450 to get it fixed. Expensive lesson but I doubt they would've claimed responsibility for it.

Problem two: Within the last two weeks, the brake light burned out and the ol' "Service Engine Soon" light came on. We took it to Auto Masters of Leesburg and they found the air injection valve and a serpentine chain needed to be replaced. They also replaced the brake light. We got an estimate for the gas gauge repair bill, too. When we went to pick up the car, my husband got in while still in the parking lot and pressed the button for the driver's side window to roll down. It didn't. He went back into the shop and told them now his window doesn't work. A guy came out, pressed the button a couple of times and said the regulator motor broke. I asked how could that conveniently happen just as we were about to leave? He said "it just so happened while the car was under their watch, it could've just as easily broken while the car was under our watch." It's another $100 repair bill on top of $331 we just paid to them.

Why do I have the feeling that excuse is the same one Tire Choice would've used?

The odds of two working, unrelated-to-the-problem parts breaking while the car is in the repair shop within nine months of each other is so infinitesimal that the universe could not calculate it. I'd have better chances of winning the lottery!

What do you think the odds will be that something else will break while we're getting the fuel gauge repaired?

Anybody know of an honest, trustworthy, reputable auto repair shop?

What recourse does a customer have in these cases?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.