Association Fees

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Default Association Fees

We are future Villagers and have noticed on some real estate listings they refer to Association Fee. Is that in addition to the maintenence fee. If so, what do they usually run?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Association Fees

The term "Association Fees" used by real eastate people usually refer to Home Owners Association fees. Although there is a Homeowners Association in The Villages membership is not mandatory (nor is it expensive) as well as a Property Owners
Association.
The Villages is a Community Development District (CDD) and I could write pages explaining what it is and how it impacts on the property owners. I would advise you to contact the Villages Sales Office or the District Administration office for details. They are far more qualified than I am to give you an in depth answer.
It is not a big mystery but there are many variables.
The District Administration has weekly (biweekly?) "classes" where it explained in detail.

DC
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Sage
Default Re: Association Fees

There is at least one exception to this....the villas behind Spanish Springs do have a homeowner's association with common element fees (lawn care, lighting, etc). This may also be true for the villas near Glenview CC. These HOA/condo fees are in addition to the amenity fees that we all pay for golf, pools, rec centers, etc.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.