AutoSlide Installers Around? or handyman

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Default AutoSlide Installers Around? or handyman

Can anyone recommend a handyman, who has installed the Autoslide.

It is designed as a DIY project, but I'm sure that some Villagers are hiring handymen to install it.

For those that are wondering what the heck it is, this is the gadget that converts the patio sliding doors into Hands Free for pets and wheelchairs.

Maybe your neighbor has one and had it installed by someone.

Even if you can't help me with the handyman answer, the video is cute!

Old 04-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Went to the website, and I am not sure this works if you have double sliders, and there might be a clearance problem to the frame if these are pocket slider design.
Clever idea, I will need to call the distributor (Daytona Beach) and see if they have additional info.
I know our cat would love this, however, one other thing I need to check to make sure this can be turned off at night, we do not want kitty going out to the birdcage after we go to sleep, or when the door is locked.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're pet is a small dog or cat, it has been reported on this site a couple of times about coyotes have torn through lanai screens and taking pets away. That's just something you should consider if you're going to allow your pet to go out unsupervised.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you're pet is a small dog or cat, it has been reported on this site a couple of times about coyotes have torn through lanai screens and taking pets away. That's just something you should consider if you're going to allow your pet to go out unsupervised.
Agreed, that is one of the main reasons for letting kitty out at night, or when were are not home for that matter.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:42 AM

When I think of double doors, I think of the ones in the video that it is being installed on.

Would you happen to be referring to two glass doors that meet in the middle like in a conference room?

The install videos does show a pocket door install.
I think if someone wanted it for a pocket door - it would probably be for an ADA / handicap remodel job.

If someone in the Villages already had one installed, it was probably for the patio so that pets or scooters / walkers could easily get out.

As for the pets, there is a switch to turn off the pet sensor. One could press the "open" button and go in/out... but kitty can not (if it is turned off).

Pretty cool Dog Door - or politically correct "pet door".
Closed Thread

Tags
handyman, installed, autoslide, doors, neighbor, sliding, free, hands, pets, wheelchairs, answer, video, cute, patio, wondering, designed, diy, project, recommend, installers, heck, gadget, install, villagers, hiring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.