Bad experience with local moving company

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to MrsPhil
Default Bad experience with local moving company

We had made arrangements with "The Villages Florida Family Movers" to help us move recently; I talked with the receptionist and explained what we needed. She quoted their prices, which were agreeable and made the reservation firm. When the day and time came, no mover showed up. I called when they were 15 min. late and was BLOWN OFF! Here's what I was told: "He (whoever "he" is) overbooked and we won't be able to help you." Bear in mind I made these reservations well in advance with the person who regularly answered the phone and certainly acted like she was the one who made the reservations. Also bear in mind that NO ONE CALLED ME EVER to tell me our reservation had been cancelled.

I called again at 9:30 because she said she'd call back; she did not. I got voicemail and left a message. I waited and waited and next time I called (in the afternoon, the phone just rang and rang, without even VM answering. Here's what I believe happened (and I can only speculate since she was so rude and completely unapologetic: we only needed help for about 2 hours, but they probably got a call for a full day job, so we got bumped without so much as a howdy-do.

I would have a very different opinion if (1) she had called and let me know there was a problem and could we reschedule; and (2) if she had been the least bit apologetic. I will never recommend this company for any reason. Reserve them at your own risk.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Platinum member

Bad company experience from people that obviously know little about good relations with customers.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Try Mitchell's movers. Great guys, honest, on time
Old 11-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Gold member

This bad experience happened to my dear friends. No one could help them move that disastrous day. We all pitched in helping them to move the following day and they paid two young men to load up the heavy furniture onto a U Haul
Closed Thread

Tags
called, made, call, rang, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.