Best place to buy washer and dryer appliances near TV

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2020, 01:29 PM
Default Best place to buy washer and dryer appliances near TV

If you needed to buy a new washer and dryer where would you recommend? We are looking for someplace that has a good selection but most importantly will service what they sell and not give me a lot of runaround if something goes wrong. Lowest price is not as important to me, hassle free support and service are. Thanks in advance.
Dave
Old 09-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,478 Times in 549 Posts

I would go to Best Buy, Lowe’s, or Home Depot.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

First and foremost you need to find what’s in stock. The supply chain is still not fully functional. We waited for 7 weeks for a refrigerator to be in stock. At HD, and Lowe’s nothing available and no date for stock. Best Buy was the only place that had a selection in stock, and different price range, for washer and dryer. This all in the last 2 weeks.

If you can wait for a specific model, then I would. And unless in stock and delivery immediately don’t buy until availability. At HD and Lowe’s the fridge we wanted is still not in stock after 10 weeks.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

There's a Sear's Appliance store in Summerfield, FL on 441/27 in the same strip mall that Little Joey's and Francesco's is in

We've always had great luck with Kenmore Elite....Sears now sells a wide range of brands

The big brick and mortar Sear's stores may be going away, but their service division isn't
Old 09-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Another place to look is "Appliance Direct" in Fruitland Park. Same day delivery if you see a set you want.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
There's a Sear's Appliance store in Summerfield, FL on 441/27 in the same strip mall that Little Joey's and Francesco's is in

We've always had great luck with Kenmore Elite....Sears now sells a wide range of brands

The big brick and mortar Sear's stores may be going away, but their service division isn't
Over time, some on TOTV have reported their disappointment with that Sears store. It’s not owned by Sears but operates independently, and is not obligated to honor Sears’ warranty. (And Sears the parent co is also not required to honor the warranty.) Needless to say folks have been disappointed because they believed they were dealing with the traditional Sears and its generally outstanding warranty service. There’s a similar situation with Verizon Wireless stores. Most of them in this area are independently owned and do not honor Verizon’s warranty. Getting back to Sears, there is a real Sears store in Ocala. Not sure if the Sears store in Leesburg is still open. As you may already know, Sears is close to bankruptcy. So their warranties may be worthless.

Last edited by REDCART; 09-02-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Lowes or Best Buy. Home Depot would be a distant third. Appliance Direct would be an option, but only if you need to save money.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Lowes or Best Buy. Home Depot would be a distant third. Appliance Direct would be an option, but only if you need to save money.
As much as everyone says prices were cheaper, the fridge, washer were either same price or little higher. The only fridge they had for our space had a Hugh dent in the door, but was available for immediate delivery. We passed
Old 09-02-2020, 08:02 PM

We bought ours at Lowes, was delivered promptly, did my research and got a good discount as a veteran.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I've had luck with Home Depot and just helped a neighbor complete a purchase of a low-end Whirlpool Stove at Lowes. There is no comparison in my opinion. Home Depot screwed up big time on their order for me but made it right quickly and owned their mistake. I value that. They also made a financial gesture that was more than I ever expected to make up for their fault.

On the other hand, the purchase of a simple stove from the Lowes on 441 reminded me of a Three Stooges skit Combined with a little bit of I Love Lucy. It was run lie and deny for all involved in their screw up. I must say the store manager did pull all the worlds together and came thru and made a stressful situation better.

I bought an inexpensive Sharp 55 inch TV from Best Buy and wouldn't give them one penny of my money. It pooped out during the 14 day Love it or Return it period. I don't like the way they do business. I was uncomfortable during the return process. My goal was to give a local business my money instead of Amazon. The item I want is cheaper at Best Buy but I'm going to go with Home Depot after I give Appliance Direct a chance tomorrow. We'll see.

A TOTV'S poster New Englander may have saved me by reminding me about that store. Thank's! I really get a kick outta the commercial that guy makes. Let's see if he can back up his words with a great deal. I hope he can get out of the washing machine.

Last edited by Nucky; 09-03-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:59 AM
Veteran member

Getting delivery of a new LG washer and dryer set tomorrow. Costco saved me $500 ($250) less than sale price at HD. Free delivery installation and hardware to connect. The Manufacturer will service the items not the store.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrens1 View Post
If you needed to buy a new washer and dryer where would you recommend? We are looking for someplace that has a good selection but most importantly will service what they sell and not give me a lot of runaround if something goes wrong. Lowest price is not as important to me, hassle free support and service are. Thanks in advance.
Dave
We have use Appliance Direct for over 13 years. Not cause we have to save, but because we really like them. Great prices, good selections and quality units that have lasted us for years. They deliver immediately and take away the old stuff. Lowe’s is our 2nd option. Though Home Depot is closer to us, we have found that we prefer the reviews for the appliances we are looking for at Lowe’s. I, nor my family, have any affiliation with any of those stores.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

We used MVB Appliance in Leesburg. Great reviews and we had a very good experience

Mvbappliance.com

Old 09-03-2020, 06:05 AM
Default Sears appliance store

We bought from Sears appliance store in Summerfield. The salesman was knowledgeable and they had inventory in stock with quick delivery.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

First thing to do is check Consumer Reports for ratings. They will tell you which has the best records and has the most features and has the best price. If you are military or a Veteran, go to Lowes as you will get a military discount.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, dryer, washer, buy, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.