Best place to buy washer and dryer appliances near TV

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2020, 06:31 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages
Smile Best Place to buy appliances

We have always had good luck with Best Buy.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:33 AM

See Halley at Best Buy! She knows her stuff and is extremely helpful, spanish springs area
Old 09-03-2020, 06:42 AM
Default Appliances

I found a little know appliance store online. abt.com. The sell appliances, computers and other electrical trinkets, we all use. I'm told their online services are excellent. I'd liken abt to a smaller Best Buy but with better prices, especially with computers. Much of what they sell ships free.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:44 AM

I have been in the appliance business for almost 40 years. I am new to the area so I can’t help with the who - yet, but just wanted to correct a few errors listed in previous comments. Sears company owned stores (owned by K-Mart) will indeed soon be a thing of the past. The smaller Sears direct stores are independently owned and operated under a franchise agreement that allows them to use the name, gives them access to certain hard and soft lines ie. Kenmore and Craftsmen and allowed them to operate their own service departments if they wanted. The large Sears anchor stores do not own the service department anymore. That division was sold off to an outside company who is allowed to use the name but is not anyway affiliated with Sears.
As far as a comment about mfrg’s providing service they don’t. At best they will form an alliance with local independent servicers to handle issues like the Samsung washer’s “blowing up” recall and at worst assist in trying to find a servicer but if they can’t they will refer you back to who sold it to you and generally you are at their mercy. As far as front side service ie. Delivery and set-up, unless you are willing to Pick - up, unbox, prep, move into your home, install gas or electric, level and test your appliances - find some who can and backs it up. The HD, Lowe’s and Best Buy’s almost assuredly hire 3rd party companies to do this for them ( they do where I am currently working ). So if something goes wrong who do you contact / blame? Figure that out ahead of time because it does happen.
And lastly regarding prices, it pains me say it as I truly believe an independent owner is always the best choice, it does not seem like that is a big thing in Central Florida. So if everything is equal price should be important. I would pay to have professional delivery, professional service, someone who assists with issues, but if none of that is available why spend more?
I would be more than happy to assist with any other appliance questions for those who want and need it.

14 years as manager of independent appliance store chain
24 years as regional manager for worlds #1 and #3 brands
Old 09-03-2020, 06:49 AM
Default Costco Products great but Florida deliveryMen crummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Getting delivery of a new LG washer and dryer set tomorrow. Costco saved me $500 ($250) less than sale price at HD. Free delivery installation and hardware to connect. The Manufacturer will service the items not the store.
I had issues with Costco delivery of a bed. They used Florida local delivery men, who dropped bed off unboxed in the Street...not into my house as white-glove service was paid for. The Delivery Box marked “Fragile” Had BOOTPrints all over it and Forklift Holes in Box. Costco Always makes everything good, gave me good-will gesture gift card and stayed on phone to argue with delivery persons. I WANT TO BUY APPLIANCES AT COSTCO TOO, So let me know if the Delivery/Installation Succeeds in Your Purchase.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofour6 View Post
I found a little know appliance store online. abt.com. The sell appliances, computers and other electrical trinkets, we all use. I'm told their online services are excellent. I'd liken abt to a smaller Best Buy but with better prices, especially with computers. Much of what they sell ships free.
I'm not sure what services an online retailer can perform for you? They can ship you a product, but what else can they do?
Old 09-03-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

If you like Best Buy, it is good to know that they will match the price of any local store and many of online retailers. I have often bought products at Best Buy for the Amazon price when it is lower. Best Buy will match it as long as it is sold directly by Amazon, not a third party.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:11 AM

I sold appliances at Home Depot. Always price checked Lowe’s, Best Buy, HHGreg and Sears in front of customers to guarantee they got the best price.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokefawcett View Post
I have been in the appliance business for almost 40 years. I am new to the area so I can’t help with the who - yet, but just wanted to correct a few errors listed in previous comments. Sears company owned stores (owned by K-Mart) will indeed soon be a thing of the past. The smaller Sears direct stores are independently owned and operated under a franchise agreement that allows them to use the name, gives them access to certain hard and soft lines ie. Kenmore and Craftsmen and allowed them to operate their own service departments if they wanted. The large Sears anchor stores do not own the service department anymore. That division was sold off to an outside company who is allowed to use the name but is not anyway affiliated with Sears.
As far as a comment about mfrg’s providing service they don’t. At best they will form an alliance with local independent servicers to handle issues like the Samsung washer’s “blowing up” recall and at worst assist in trying to find a servicer but if they can’t they will refer you back to who sold it to you and generally you are at their mercy. As far as front side service ie. Delivery and set-up, unless you are willing to Pick - up, unbox, prep, move into your home, install gas or electric, level and test your appliances - find some who can and backs it up. The HD, Lowe’s and Best Buy’s almost assuredly hire 3rd party companies to do this for them ( they do where I am currently working ). So if something goes wrong who do you contact / blame? Figure that out ahead of time because it does happen.
And lastly regarding prices, it pains me say it as I truly believe an independent owner is always the best choice, it does not seem like that is a big thing in Central Florida. So if everything is equal price should be important. I would pay to have professional delivery, professional service, someone who assists with issues, but if none of that is available why spend more?
I would be more than happy to assist with any other appliance questions for those who want and need it.

14 years as manager of independent appliance store chain
24 years as regional manager for worlds #1 and #3 brands

I'll say Amen to this.

We replaced all the new appliances that were in our TV house when we bought it 3+ years ago....and had Kenmore Elite models put in. We bought them at the Sears store in Ocala. We also purchased the service agreements and have each appliance thoroughly checked out annually. The service folks are top notch, not like the poorly trained fellows that tried to straighten out the issues we had with the original Whirlpool appliances that were put in....they really didn't have a clue on what was going on with those low end models
Old 09-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Default Appliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Another place to look is "Appliance Direct" in Fruitland Park. Same day delivery if you see a set you want.
Appliance Direct are great. That’s where we’ve bought ALL of our appliances over our years here 👍
Old 09-03-2020, 07:44 AM

In February, we read the Consumer Digest report on washers and dryers. Had trouble finding what we wanted at HD, Lowes and Best Buy, although we did find deals. We ended up at Appliance Direct and found what we wanted at the best price and next day delivery. We were also happy with warranty.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:49 AM

Fergusons in Ocala if you want higher end appliances. 844 872 3857
Old 09-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
We used MVB Appliance in Leesburg. Great reviews and we had a very good experience

Mvbappliance.com
I agree. They service what they sell. Family-owned since 1987.
Prices the same as the big box stores. Deliver on time without waiting all day.
Also, have a store in Ocala.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:58 AM

speed queen gets high marks. suggest NOT buying a front loading washer. as far as reputable dealer, that's a crap shoot
Old 09-03-2020, 07:59 AM

Best Buy subcontracts service out. that is a crap shoot.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, dryer, washer, buy, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.