Need advice for auto maintenance from Volvo owners

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2021, 03:19 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts
Default Need advice for auto maintenance from Volvo owners

Have had very poor experiences with routine maintenance from area Volvo dealer(s). One in Ocala was really horrific, enough said. Winter Park also very bad experience. Have any Volvo owners found a non dealership which does the book listed maintenance honestly and correctly ? Has anyone ever gone to the "Magic Mechanic" shop near Winter Park ? Driven past it but have no idea of their ability, honesty, expertise on various auto brands ?

Is there an honest Volvo dealer in Gainesville or a reasonably close drive away ? Need 30K routine and just can not trust Ocala after they had my auto for NINE weeks (yes they did provide me a loaner) with only 15K miles on new SUV, and NEVER did one thing to fix the problem in all those weeks ! Auto STILL says "low battery charge" every time the car is started, even though multiple places have checked this on trips and said absolutely NOTHING wrong with battery and not to worry ! NOT fun to see this on the screen constantly. Ocala Volvo has "made it stop 4 times, but only lasts a week, two weeks at the most. Last time told me (at 21 K miles) they were going to charge me every time I brought it there again to have this message stopped. I've never been back, just keep putting up with it. Guess that means changing brands.... but with not quite 28K miles now, that's not really a rational option ! !
Old 01-06-2021, 03:34 PM

Did you purchase it in Florida? Do they have a lemon law?

There is one: Florida Attorney General - How The Florida Lemon Law Works
Old 01-14-2021, 04:34 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
Did you purchase it in Florida? Do they have a lemon law?

There is one: Florida Attorney General - How The Florida Lemon Law Works
Yes, purchased near Sarasota. I think FL does have a "lemon law", but hope I don't get one (a "lemon" that is). Right now trying to find recommendations from others here in the V's of a RELIABLE HONEST place to have regular maintenance performed on a Volvo with 28K and soon will need 30k regular maintenance. VERY poor at Ocala, nothing like Sarasota but a long drive, would like to find honest place near Villages. Who do village residents who own Volvos go to around here ?
Old 01-14-2021, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Automaster Leesburg

Tags
volvo, auto, weeks, miles, ocala

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.