Frank Gay Services

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Default Frank Gay Services

I have just had another bad experience with Frank Gay Services. The first time I call Killey and Son's and they answered that they had bought out Killey and would be doing all their service calls. We had some repairs so I had them come out. They were very high in their repair estimates, but we needed the work so I paid them their outrageous price. They talked me into a service contract for future calls, which gave me a small discount for their work. I felt $800 for a kitchen faucet however was outrageous. Well I let it ride. Yesterday they came for their free plumbing inspection. When he left he said everything looked good and thank you. Today I get an email with an estimate of $2195 to replace my 6 year old water heater, $857 to redo piping under the sink for Faucet they just installed and $2041 to replace water shut off valves. Problem, he never even looked at our water heater because it is behind my air compressor and you can't get to it.

These people are rip off artist of the first class! In my opinion they are not qualified to do this work, the plumber that was sent out stated he was in law enforcement before going to work for Frank Gay. I feel they think The Villages is filled with old idiots and can be ripped off easy. They extremely over charge for their work. What ever happened to licensed plumbers? Suppose they would have to pay them more.

I have cancelled all future dealings with this company. Next to the BBB.

Last edited by 427dave; 08-03-2023 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
I have just had another bad experience with Frank Gay Services. The first time I call Killey and Son's and they answered that they had bought out Killey and would be doing all their service calls. We had some repairs so I had them come out. They were very high in their repair estimates, but we needed the work so I paid them their outrageous price. They talked me into a service contract for future calls, which gave me a small discount for their work. I felt $800 for a kitchen faucet however was outrageous. Well I let it ride. Yesterday they came for their free plumbing inspection. When he left he said everything looked good and thank you. Today I get an email with an estimate of $2195 to replace my 6 year old water heater, $857 to redo piping under the sink for Faucet they just installed and $2041 to replace water shut off valves. Problem, he never even looked at our water heater because it is behind my air compressor and you can't get to it.

These people are rip off artist of the first class! They are not qualified to do this work, the plumber that was sent out stated he was in law enforcement before going to work for Frank Gay. They extremely over charge for their work. What ever happened to licensed plumbers? Suppose they would have to pay them more.

I have cancelled all future dealings with this company. Next to the BBB.
"I felt $800 for a kitchen faucet however was outrageous."

I guess people need to make up their own minds on "outrageous". But by comparison, I had a new sink, new faucet and new garbage disposal put in about a year ago, name brands on all three, and paid just over $1,000 total. AND they stand behind their products and their work. Two related service calls after installation, both free.

For those interested: Village Plumber, LLC.

I've never had service or an estimate by Frank Gay services so cannot speak to either. I WILL say however that those commercials of Frank Gay's featuring that saccharine woman with the fake Brit accent are industrial-strength annoying.
Old 08-03-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,740 Times in 5,254 Posts

For what it's worth, the company is a licensed plumbing and electrical contractor. You can look them up on this website. You can also file a complaint on the same website, but I don't think charging high prices would qualify as a valid complaint. Buyer beware.

Licensing Portal - License Search
Old 08-03-2023, 12:20 PM
Veteran member

Best place to start with small projects like faucets is a handyman. Or, ask the assistance of one of your neighbors. Buy them a nice dinner for 2 or offer to help them on a project at their home.

Don't forget Lowes/Home Depot. They have a list of professional installers they recommend. Advantage of using them is that they are a large corporation. They back up what they offer.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 08-03-2023 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 02:47 PM
Platinum member

800 bucks for a faucet?

PT Barnum was right
Closed Thread

Tags
work, gay, water, frank, outrageous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.