Beware GoodYear Lady Lake

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

I add Boulevard Tire (441/27...just south of 466) to the list of good guys.
Fair, square and fast...especially if you go in after 2pm.
Check their web site for coupons...and tire rotation is free.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachnmo View Post
So other than Wal-Mart....where is a reliable place to have your oil changed. I have a Ford Escape that is due for a change. Thanks!
You probably already took care of problem. I had problems with this thread's title company also - won't go back.

I will add my vote for the good guys at the WallMart on 466 towards 301. Good job, didn't push extra work, and they were very quick. Left the car clean too - no oil on the steering wheel. I will definitely go back.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Eternal Member
Default Tires, Oil Change and Service

After being ripped off several times when first moving here, I found two very reliable services, both family owned and have been here
a long time. Their prices are more reasonable than the places I had tried here.

Oil change and service: Hilton Automotive on 441, on your immediate left after crossing 42. (347-3565)

For tires, Belleview Tire (26 years in business in Belleview) 245-2723 or 245-7017

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Oil changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachnmo View Post
So other than Wal-Mart....where is a reliable place to have your oil changed. I have a Ford Escape that is due for a change. Thanks!
I have always gone to Key Scales Ford in Leesburg. (For the past 7.5 years) Have never had any problems. They put the right products in, always fill all the fluids at no extra charge. They also do a safety check free, not pressuring for a sale.

I will never go back to Wal Mart again. I had a new car due first service, was on the week-end, got a call and had to go out of state on an emergency.
I stopped at Wal-Mart on 44l north of TV. They put windshield washer fluid in the radiator and anti-freeze in the windshield washer, not only that they even put the wrong weight oil in. They put 10-40 in instead of 5-20 Ford recommends. Took 6 hours to get everthing flushed and refilled properly. They still tried to charge me for the oil change.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
After being ripped off several times when first moving here, I found two very reliable services, both family owned and have been here
a long time. Their prices are more reasonable than the places I had tried here.

Oil change and service: Hilton Automotive on 441, on your immediate left after crossing 42. (347-3565)

For tires, Belleview Tire (26 years in business in Belleview) 245-2723 or 245-7017
I have heard good things about Hilton but have not used them.

My personal experience with Brad at Belleview Tire ( Baseline Road) has earned them an A+. I will definitely return there for tires.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcapt View Post
Went to Goodyear Tire on 441 for an oil change on a 2 year old vehicle. After about 45 minutes, I went to see what was taking so long. I saw they had removed all the wheels from the car and appeared to be doing work on the vehicle's rear suspension. I asked why they removed the tires to do an oil change, and what was the service man doing under the rear of the car. I was told they perform a 'vehicle inspection' on all the car's systems. I said I only wanted an oil change, not a dis-assembly of the car, and an oil change should 10-20 minutes, not over an hour. After an hour and 10 minutes the 'service man' came and out and in a dire voice stated that my front tires were 'almost' worn out and 'maybe' I should have an alignment (the car has 22000 miles). I said I only wanted an oil change.

Oh, and while I was waiting in the customer area, EVERY customer waiting was approached and told they should have work done that they did not come in for, ie. air filters, windshield wipers, etc..

What a scam they are running! Imagine elderly customers who may be scared into spending money for unnecessary work. Beware if you go there. You now know what to expect.
I take my car to Delta Auto Center in Fruitland Park - right across the street from BillBryan. Sam is the owner and he is great. Ask for an oil change - and you get an oil change. He is also VERY caring and does not try to gouge men or WOMEN - and I think that is important! Been doing business with him for several years and have referred a lot of people to him - they all have been very satisfied. Call him at 315-9595 - just tell him Monica referred you. You certainly won't be sorry and no, I don't get anything for the referral. He's just a good, dependable guy.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Thumbs up

I have used Tri County Auto on 27/441 and have had GREAT service each time. They are family owned ( I think) and rely on repeat business and word of mouth. They saved me a bundle of money one time by not servicing something on my car that they found was under warranty. In fact the manager actually called the Honda dealership in Leesburg and told them the problem and made them come and pick up my car, service it, and then pick me up at my house to bring me back to the Leesburg dealership the following day to get my vehicle...all at no charge. Tri County showed amazing integrity and honesty when they could have fixed the problem and charged me for it and I would never have known it all was under warranty by the Honda dealership.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Veteran member
Default tri county auto

Tri County Auto doesn't have spend money on advertising after reading the provious post. I'll certainally give them a try!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum member

We had a similar experience with Goodyear in Lady Lake this winter. We went there to fix a flat tire. We were happy that it could be fixed and that we didn't need a new tire. So we let them talk us into a new air filter which seems to be one of their favorite items to push. My family has been using Hutson Auto repair for several years at 3201 US Highway 441/27, in Fruitland Park. We've all been very happy with their service and their charges have been reasonable. Hutson seems to have enough legitimate repair work and have never suggested "stuff" to fix like some other places. I believe an oil change here was about $29. Call them first because they may only do oil changes one or two mornings each week.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Platinum member

I thought I'd update this thread rather than start a new one. My niece while visiting today mentioned that she noticed a nail in her tire. Hutson Auto referred us to Tire Round-Up in Lady Lake (About a half-mile south of CR 466 on 27\441). They took care of us immediately. While we waited in the office, they removed a small sheet metal screw from the tire that hadn't puctured the tire, and refused to take any money. They also checked the tire pressure in all four tires. I'll bet others mentioned in this thread would have gone through the motions, pulled the wheel and charged us to fix the flat, including the cost of reballancing the wheel. Besides tires, they also sell Interstate batteries. I don't want to get in trouble like Juan Williams (formerly of NPR) of advertising but this is the kind of business that you want to make a mental note of and deal with in the future.

George
Old 10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

I think Jiffy Lube is the worst in this department. I got suckered twice at the Jiffy Lube in Mamaroneck NY, and never went there again.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
I thought I'd update this thread rather than start a new one. My niece while visiting today mentioned that she noticed a nail in her tire. Hutson Auto referred us to Tire Round-Up in Lady Lake (About a half-mile south of CR 466 on 27\441). They took care of us immediately. While we waited in the office, they removed a small sheet metal screw from the tire that hadn't puctured the tire, and refused to take any money. They also checked the tire pressure in all four tires. I'll bet others mentioned in this thread would have gone through the motions, pulled the wheel and charged us to fix the flat, including the cost of reballancing the wheel. Besides tires, they also sell Interstate batteries. I don't want to get in trouble like Juan Williams (formerly of NPR) of advertising but this is the kind of business that you want to make a mental note of and deal with in the future.

George
My favorite tire/repair shop is Lady Lake Quality Tire. They've treated me and everyone I've referred to them with honesty, and fair prices. They fix only what needs to be fixed. They're located on 466 about a block from the 441/27 junction.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Gold member

Is everyone aware that the air you breathe is 78.084% nitrogen? So the air in your tires is almost 80% nitrogen already plus 20% O2.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Is everyone aware that the air you breathe is 78.084% nitrogen? So the air in your tires is almost 80% nitrogen already plus 20% O2.
Wow! Did not know that. So much for the value of having the tire places charge you extra for filling your tires up with nitrogen, eh?

Learned something new today

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.