Birdcage floor

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2019, 10:03 AM
Default Birdcage floor

I purchased my home about a year ago from the second owner and there is a large birdcage with a spa. However, the concrete floor is covered with about 1/4 inch of very small multi-colored plastic pieces that are molded together. The floor needs some repair work but I can't find anyone or a company to contact. I would greatly appreciate any information about who to contact. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4864.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	80628  
Old 08-19-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage

That is Chatahoochee River rock., There are a couple of contractors that install and maintain it. Use the search function because I don't remember the names because I'm too damn old.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:34 AM
Platinum member

352-253-0622 for Matt Allum at Chattahoochee River Rock. Great company to work with.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublin78 View Post
I purchased my home about a year ago from the second owner and there is a large birdcage with a spa. However, the concrete floor is covered with about 1/4 inch of very small multi-colored plastic pieces that are molded together. The floor needs some repair work but I can't find anyone or a company to contact. I would greatly appreciate any information about who to contact. Thanks.

It's difficult to tell from your photo, but that doesn't look like Chattahoochee to me.

Real Chattahoochee is embedded in concrete and will last longer than we'll all be alive. This looks like what they call poly pebble in some parts of Florida. It's tiny pebbles mixed with epoxy. That treatment needs to be sealed about once a year and is a pain in the butt because the little pebbles always come loose when you move a piece of furniture over the floor.

You might consider taking it up and getting a new permanent surface.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
It's difficult to tell from your photo, but that doesn't look like Chattahoochee to me.

Real Chattahoochee is embedded in concrete and will last longer than we'll all be alive. This looks like what they call poly pebble in some parts of Florida. It's tiny pebbles mixed with epoxy. That treatment needs to be sealed about once a year and is a pain in the butt because the little pebbles always come loose when you move a piece of furniture over the floor.

You might consider taking it up and getting a new permanent surface.
You must have got a bad installation.
I have several homes that have this flooring, for over 15 years.
Never had loose pebbles and re-seal myself every 5 years.
Closed Thread

Tags
floor, contact, birdcage, molded, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.