The Blockbuster near the Villages Regional Hospital.

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Taltarzac
Default The Blockbuster near the Villages Regional Hospital.

Please frequent the Highway 27/441 (1568 Bella Cruz Dr, Lady Lake, FL) Blockbuster or we could lose this resource for rentals of DVDS and games close to the Villages.

Many Blockbusters seem to be having some problems competing with online sources for DVDs. And our local Blockbuster is also hurting.

The Villages Blockbuster is at Highway 27/441 and Buenos Aires Blvd. The next nearest Blockbusters are in Belleview and then Leesburg.

Some of us will have to drive quite a ways if the Buenos Aires Blvd. Blockbuster closes.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-09-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Platinum member

I rented a DVD from Blockbusters a couple weeks ago for almost $3.00. I then went next door to Publix and found the same DVD in the Blockbuster Kiosk for only $1.00. If they want to stay in business, they need to stop competing with themselves!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Taltarzac
Default The variety is quite limited though Ooper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
I rented a DVD from Blockbusters a couple weeks ago for almost $3.00. I then went next door to Publix and found the same DVD in the Blockbuster Kiosk for only $1.00. If they want to stay in business, they need to stop competing with themselves!
I have done the same thing Ooper. The number of selections though is rather limited in the Blockbuster Kiosk. You usually only have the options of the latest best rentals at this Kiosks.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Default Red Box ?

Try the Sweetbay located 'Red Box' DVD rental ..... good selection ....
Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Platinum member

If you watch a lot of DVD movies, NetFlix is about the best deal. For $17/mo, I usually get about 24-25 DVD's/mo... pretty much one a day at a cost of about $.75/title. You get them in next days mail and if that's not quick enough, you can stream the videos from the internet to the TV for instant viewing with no extra charge.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
If you watch a lot of DVD movies, NetFlix is about the best deal. For $17/mo, I usually get about 24-25 DVD's/mo... pretty much one a day at a cost of about $.75/title. You get them in next days mail and if that's not quick enough, you can stream the videos from the internet to the TV for instant viewing with no extra charge.
We also get a lot of pleasure from NetFlix. We like older Brit productions. Comedy, drama, series, sitcoms, mysteries, miniseries, etc. Also like watching some of the old classic US productions and I am including black and white.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Eternal Member

I am very happy with the Blockbuster online setup. I watch a lot of DVDs and get a 2 day turnaround since they are out of Daytona. Mail the DVDs in today (Tuesday) and get the new ones on Thursday.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

Try netflix, very easy to use and great service. If you have one of the newer DVD, Blue-ray players like Samsung, you can even stream the movies to you player and watch anytime you like. Netflix is really a good service.

Money out
Old 11-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Taltarzac
Default I have Blockbusters Online too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I am very happy with the Blockbuster online setup. I watch a lot of DVDs and get a 2 day turnaround since they are out of Daytona. Mail the DVDs in today (Tuesday) and get the new ones on Thursday.
What I like about my account on Blockbuster's Online is that I can exchange my mailed movies for movies at any Blockbuster store in the US. If the Villages Blockbuster store closes though it will make this option less financially practical.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.