Weeds

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Gold member
Default Weeds

We hired a lawn guy recommended by a neighbor when we closed on our home in St. Charles in March. He mows, edges trims and gets rid if the weeds in the beds using by spraying with herbicide.
Recently he's been a no-show with the weeds. The lawn still looks good but our home watch people, Safe Home Watch, sent us pics of the weeds, which are really bad.
I also got an e-mail from a neighbor telling me the same thing.
I spoke with the lawn guy by phone twice over a week ago and he assured me that he'll take care of them but the weeds are just getting worse. I've been calling him for three days to find out what's going on but have only been able to reach his voice mail. He hasn't returned my messages.
Being snowbirds, it's difficult for us to fire him and hire someone else until we get back to Florida.
Does the lawn guy typically take care of the weeds too or do most people hire someone else? If another person needs to be hired to do the weeds does anyone have any recommendations?
This is getting to be a big headache. I want a nice yard but getting it done long distance is a real pain.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You need to be specific with what you expect. Also, it helps to put Preen down in the planting beds.

We hit it lucky with our lawn people who do everything well at a low price. Others in the neighborhood have different levels of care.

I will tell you ours if you P.M. me. I don't want to make Mr. Tony mad.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

While we were renting our home I had Redwitch keep the weeds under control for me. She posts on here frequently and I suggest you talk to her.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Gold member

Thanks GG, I just sent you a P.M.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.