Buyer beware - tru landscaping solutions

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Default Buyer beware - tru landscaping solutions

Before hiring Chris Charbonneau, currently "Tru Landscaping Solutions", call Seniors VS Crime at the Sheriff's Office: 352 689 4600.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:14 PM

Why ? Please explain...
Old 09-17-2014, 02:31 PM

We are currently under contract with him. We're giving him through 9/18 to make good on the contract. Either way it goes, we'll post an update.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:20 AM

We have not seen or heard from Tru Landscaping Solutions since Monday, 9/15. Even after multiple attempts to contact via mobile phone, office phone, txt, and emails, we have not heard a word. We have paid for all the materials and only a fraction of the work is done at this point.

I had been optimistic they would come through for us. We really try to support small businesses, but it's experiences like this that ruins it for all the other legitimate small business owners.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:37 PM

Bump
Old 09-20-2014, 05:00 PM

I am sorry to hear that he is repeating his habit of taking money and not finishing the job YET AGAIN. I surely hope you contacted Seniors VS Crime and filed a complaint.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:30 PM

Chris C ..ripped me off big time 3 years ago as Florida Scapes!! He was reported to Seniors vs Crime but nothing ever came of it. His work was terrible and not completed. Never came back. Considered Small Claims Court but just didn't want any more hassle. Stay away from him! He ripped off at least two other people back then and I didn't think would show up again. What nerve.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:38 PM

Since we moved to the Villages in 2011, most of the work done in our home has been done, and done very well, by small businesses - and we don't intend to stop that because of one really bad experience with Tru Landscaping Solutions and Chris Charbonneau. We just plan to research the person/company in much more depth.

Just an FYI, we found two more mugshots of Christopher G. Charbonneau.

http://thumbs.mugshots.com/gallery/i...ot.400x800.jpg
Old 09-26-2014, 07:24 AM
Default Chris Charbonneau - Tru Landscaping

I agree with your decision - we feel the same way.
However, now we have a "checksheet" to complete before hiring - starting with Seniors VS Crime, and going to see the work done at other homes in the Villages and asking questions about the company.
And, money up-front? No way! This has been quite painful.

By the way, that other mugshot of Chris Charbonneau is different from the one I found. Another arrest? Wow.

Did you report to Seniors VS Crime?
I think it's important for others doing "due diligence" see there is a pattern of ripoffs with this man.

I hope your new contractor completes the work the way it "should" have been done in the first place - to your satisfaction.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:34 PM

bump
Old 10-26-2014, 05:05 PM

We did report Chris Charbonneau and Tru Landscaping Solutions to Senior vs Crime as well as the Better Business Bureau. To date, he has not responded to either of those organizations.

The work was completed by Coverall Landscaping and Pavers. They are true professionals and did an amazing job. Every person who worked on the job was knowledgeable, came on time, worked a full day, and made sure we were satisfied. We would highly recommend Coverall to anyone.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:13 PM

In reference to the mug shot you mentioned ... we found (3) online. One from Duval County, one from Hillsborough County (the one you posted), and one from Marion County.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Default folks please remember

To all newbies please remember.. All Major landscaping requires an Arc from the villages community standards dept.. If the Landscapers don't offer it to you and you don't sign the form you are in violation and are subject to remove anything that you put in if it does not comply. Run away from them if they don't offer it, and if they say I know what to do .. remember if you sell your home and the buyer asks for all upgrade permits you have to have the ARC!!! Please do not give anyone any money up front! and only pay when you accept the job at the end. Before you sign a contract call seniors against crime.. They work hard to get your money back but most of these scammers change their business name when they make a big score! They can tell you however if they are scammers. End of the line.. Be more diligent here than you were at home with any contractor. At home we knew who to ask or knew who to hire. Here it's new.. Just be Careful all
Old 11-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Default Here We Go Again

Chris was referred to my sister-in-law by a guy in the neighborhood who used him and was satisfied back in May. An estimate was received and some up front money was paid. He started the job in July but never returned. Despite numerous promises to return and complete the work, nothing has happened.
We will be taking further steps to correct this through any and all means possible. He needs to be stopped from further business of this nature.
I'll post the results as we proceed over the next several days and weeks.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

As I see it, after reading numerous posts on this thread, a multitude of homeowners have had an ongoing problem with this deadbeat.

It appears that the majority of homeowners don't follow through. If you have paid for services which have not been completed, you are letting it slide. You may be contacting the BBB, Seriors vs. crime, etc., but no one has taken the steps to take him to small claims court. With all the cases reported here, it would seem that he could be arrested for fraud, but I don't know how much $$$ has to be outstanding where the work hasn't been done, to actually make it a crime.

It seems most residents who have posted here have been too complacent.
Action speaks louder than words.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.