Carpet vendor and install suggestions

Old 04-14-2024, 02:32 PM
Default Carpet vendor and install suggestions

Replacing carpet in 2 bedrooms, beside Lowe's where else do you suggest? Willing to travel 30-45 minutes if necessary for the best pricing. TIA.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I would go with a vendor that uses their OWN installers and does not sub out the work. Also ask how they work around the existing furniture, do they move or does it need to be out of the room, and anything you need to do, like emptying the furniture. In our house the carpeting was in the closets and hallway also, if yours is the same, you need to discuss this also.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:15 PM

Thanks, I concur about installers, which is why I asked about other than Lowe’s. Do you have a vendor suggestion? I’m new to TV, appreciate any leads.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubawva View Post
Thanks, I concur about installers, which is why I asked about other than Lowe’s. Do you have a vendor suggestion? I’m new to TV, appreciate any leads.
Sorry, I did my own project, removed rugs and installed a very nice luxury vinyl plank (Mohawk) that is almost as quiet as carpet and not a cold as tile. Took me 2 weeks, 2 to 3 hours a day, but I did NOT have to empty the rooms, just rearranged the furniture as I worked, and the rooms remained useable the entire time. This was for 2 bedrooms, a hallway and 3 closets, maybe 1000 square feet. At the time the 2 or 3 vendors I approached wanted the rooms emptied, and this was not an option.

Tags
carpet, suggest, pricing, minutes, 30-45

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.