Thanks for all the advice!
Old 12-20-2020, 10:23 PM

Thanks for all the good information.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincey596 View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on City Furniture quality? Is there another furniture place that is reasonably priced and quality is good.
Thanks,
Leanne
Avoid it like the plague.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:17 AM

City Furniture doesn't manufacture their own furniture... they are just a distributor, a store, like Publix. Granted, they lack customer service. But you can also find the same exact furniture sold elsewhere in local stores and online, although it most probably will be called a different "set" name.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:29 AM

Try Payne furniture outlet on 441 in Summerfield.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:46 AM

Go somewhere else. Quality is poor at best.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Sage

Most furniture now is manufactured in either China or Viet Nam these days. Even "better" brands. We have two large pieces from Bernhardt, which is supposed to be a "better" brand. It was made in China. The finish coat is like hair spray and very uneven. Our bedroom furniture came from Viet Nam. It is somewhat better but doesn't compare to what used to be made in the U.S.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:31 AM
Veteran member

Kent furniture in Bellview .... it’s as good as you can find. Service is good, too.
Go in and ask for Kent....even if it’s just to browse. He makes furniture buying fun. I like Babette’s also, and I’ve been to City furniture too. Bought at all three stores.
Old 12-26-2020, 06:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We bought everything from City Furniture. We love the furniture and the delivery and set up were great. There was a piece or two they would not deliver because it arrived damaged so they got replacement pieces. We had selected everything online and then checked it out live when we bought the house. Next day delivery was good so we only had one night on an air mattress.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:39 PM

I moved to The Villages without any furniture and bought most of my furniture from City Furniture in Ocoee. I should have only had 6 deliveries, but ended up having 16 due to damage with so many items. My Neighbors thought I was dealing drugs because the City Furniture Truck was in front of my house so often. Their Customer Service is horrible. They do have a large selection of contemporary furniture which is the only reason why I put up with their Customer No-Service.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

City Furniture is similar to Ashley's or Room to Go in that they are relatively inexpensive and have furniture that comes with extremely limited options but is in stock in a warehouse and delivered quickly. You choose color A, B or C and you get it in a day or two. The quality is not top-of-the-line, but it's not junk either.

We've also bought locally at Family Furniture in Leesburg and had good experiences. We just ordered another piece (a love seat) from them the other day. You pick a piece, then you pick the fabric, you pick the cushion firmness, you pick the type of wood for the legs and pick the fabric for the included pillows. You pay them 25% down and then wait 12-16 weeks to get the piece built, shipped to them and delivered to you. Their prices are definitely higher than City Furniture and the quality is higher as well though they still aren't top-of-the-line either. There are much, much more expensive stores out there.

It's all down to how specific your furniture desires are, what your budget is, what your patience level is for getting the furniture and what level of quality you find necessary.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
City Furniture is similar to Ashley's or Room to Go in that they are relatively inexpensive and have furniture that comes with extremely limited options but is in stock in a warehouse and delivered quickly. You choose color A, B or C and you get it in a day or two. The quality is not top-of-the-line, but it's not junk either.

We've also bought locally at Family Furniture in Leesburg and had good experiences. We just ordered another piece (a love seat) from them the other day. You pick a piece, then you pick the fabric, you pick the cushion firmness, you pick the type of wood for the legs and pick the fabric for the included pillows. You pay them 25% down and then wait 12-16 weeks to get the piece built, shipped to them and delivered to you. Their prices are definitely higher than City Furniture and the quality is higher as well though they still aren't top-of-the-line either. There are much, much more expensive stores out there.

It's all down to how specific your furniture desires are, what your budget is, what your patience level is for getting the furniture and what level of quality you find necessary.
In stock and delivered quickly is my kind of store.

I have to pick a fabric and wait 12 to 16 weeks? I may forget what I bought or even that I bought something. No way.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In stock and delivered quickly is my kind of store.

I have to pick a fabric and wait 12 to 16 weeks? I may forget what I bought or even that I bought something. No way.
We ordered a couch and a couple of love seats from Babette's a couple of weeks ago. They won't be in until May. The Villages will build our house in less time than Southern Motion can build our furniture.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-29-2020, 10:19 PM

We had several terrible experiences with City Furniture in Spanish Springs and in South Florida. Will never ever buy from them again. Damaged furniture, poor quality, missing items, delivery people damaged our walls and floors on the day we closed (and denied it!), and furniture has not held up well. As if all that was not bad enough, worst customer service of any furniture store I have ever dealt with. Their way of "satisfying" you is to offer you a small credit for a future purchase. It was the only bad experience I had with my entire home purchase at TV. Read the reviews, check the BBB complaints against them. Buyer beware!
Old 12-29-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have a lot of furniture from City Furniture. It is cheap, but seems to be doing well. A lot of people do not like the service they get from City Furniture, but I didn't have any problems. Babettes is a good place to buy furniture. I don't think any reasonably priced furniture is made as well as it used to be. I have a reclining loveseat from Babettes where the color came off within a few months. It is Flexsteel, which is supposed to be a good brand, but I don't agree.
I bought flexsteel based on brand name. Bad mistake for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
furniture, quality, city, place, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.