Coin Values

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Smile Coin Values

Have assorted US coins from family. How to determine any possible values? Is there someone in TV who can help?
Old 11-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,278 Posts

Whatever you do, do NOT take your coins to the people that hold buyer events at local hotels, you will get 10 to 20% of the real value.

There are several online guides that will get you close, especially if these were in circulation. If you have uncirculated or collector grade coins, you may need to contact a professional. IMHO, I would use the online guides first just to get an idea of value, then you will see if it is worth getting professional appraisals. I know there are villagers that are interested in coins, as I see their ads on Craig's List all the time. There are also a few local coin dealers that may be able to help. I have no first hand knowledge of any of these.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts

You can google every type coin, by year, design, metal content, etc and get a pretty good idea of the value of what you have.

I have found that Coast to Coast jewelers in Southern Trace plaza to be very fair quoting current market values on the spot for what ever one brings in.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:59 AM

You can also get an idea by going to the villages coin club. There are collectors there that would appraise your coins and/or buy them from you. I would first go to a site like EBAY and see what others are selling the coins for. Note.... condition of the coins are extremely important.
Closed Thread

Tags
values, assorted, wave, coins, coin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.