Comcast : 2 accounts possible?

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Default Comcast : 2 accounts possible?

Hello
I have been gleaning much valuable information from this site for 2 years now and have recently purchased my new CYV in Phillips Villas -- way up north by Mulberry! I first want to thank all of you for all the valuable information.

I will be a seasonal resident for now and currently have Comcast internet/tv service in my home in NJ. I know that Comcast is a provider and I am satisfied with their product.

Can you have 2 comcast accounts?

I had scheduled installation and received an email directing me to set up my account. When I tried to log on to set up the account the system recognized my email and phone and would not let me proceed because they "were already in use"

I called Comcast and after an hour was told that I needed to use a different email and phone number.
Does not sound right to me.

So my question for other villagers with two residences:

How do you get service at both places with one account?

thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigig View Post
I called Comcast and after an hour was told that I needed to use a different email and phone number.
Does not sound right to me.
Don't know about the phone number but for the email...

There are lots and lots of sites that have have this restriction on email addresses and accounts, so the Comcast rep is probably right.

However you don't need a second email account. You should be able to create an email alias, most email providers let you do this for free. The alias an alternate address for you existing email account.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:55 PM

As Comcast told me, I had to have 2 accounts. And we had to have 2 different email addresses and 2 different phone numbers. We made the Florida email address similar to the Michigan email, but never told anyone the Florida email address so all of our emails go to a single address and that is what we use to log into the internet. I also found out that even though Comcast is one big company, they operate their regions as if they are independent units. Since we are seasonal residents as well, each time we go from Michigan to Florida and then back again, I go to the Comcast web site and use the CHAT function on their Support Web Page and ask the service advisor to change the mailing address for both of the Comcast accounts so there is no delays due to mail forwarding.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

we have an account here and one in Michigan. Same phone number and email, since 2010. Only problem when you call it take them awhile to get to the correct account.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

cmon .. this is simple ..two names and two email addresses
Old 07-01-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
cmon .. this is simple ..two names and two email addresses
Thanks to all
the problem is really the two phone numbers
Old 07-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Missing Something

I must be missing something. Comcast has demonstrated to me they are probably a corrupt company. I had them for years and continued to fight each month as they continued to increase the costs and I switched to Direct TV and really like the company. I use xFinity for the internet and as suspected the bill keeps going up and it is necessary to argue each month. I am looking for a replacement internet company to get totally away from Comcast. As an aside, once you argue with them they find some reason to excuse their behavior and adjust the bill.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigig View Post
Thanks to all
the problem is really the two phone numbers

Google Voice

Get all the FREE phone numbers you want and have them forwarded to a cell phone if you actually want to get calls..
Old 07-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Gold member

We used to have Comcast here in Michigan and at our condo on St. Augustine Beach. Each home had their own account. It was still a nightmare when we sold our condo in St. Augustine. I chose BrightHouse (now Spectrum) when I needed service in The Villages. If you have a landline, could you have the landline on one home and a cell phone for the other?
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, account, email, service, valuable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.