Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2021, 06:17 AM
Default Comcast internet service??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Finely had it with Comlast! Dumping them, I don’t care if I have listen to radio the rest of my time here. Going to try dish network. They have better line up and 1/2 price for what I want. Comcast January rate hikes was last straw for me.
Anyone having issues with there Comcast Internet service?? My internet service blinks the screen goes blank for 1 sec then comes back on?? My service is slow and does not respond quickly. At home in NY I have a 7 year old HP desk top and it is lightening fast with no interruptions. Here in TV using Comcast I have a brand new HP laptop.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daledivine View Post
i haven't watched tv in at least 6 months. Don't miss it one bit.
no tv?!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	88115  
Old 02-11-2021, 06:33 AM

Wish I had the same luck!
Old 02-11-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Finely had it with Comlast! Dumping them, I don’t care if I have listen to radio the rest of my time here. Going to try dish network. They have better line up and 1/2 price for what I want. Comcast January rate hikes was last straw for me.
Streaming is the way to go. I have a service that has thousand of channels for less than 20 dollars a month. Everyone that has it loves it. Interested email me tvalternatives99@yahoo.com.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:37 AM

We just switched from spectrum to dish. We like the service but we had to keep spectrum for internet. Our installer was great and even hooked up a WiFi mesh so our internet is amazing
Old 02-11-2021, 06:37 AM

someone once told me ...everybody hates there cable company...no matter who you have !!!!
Old 02-11-2021, 06:38 AM

Forget all the cable and satellite TV providers and start streaming. Easy, a lot less expensive, and more channels. Cable and satellite TV are walking dinosaurs
Old 02-11-2021, 06:39 AM
Smile

Quote:
I love my YoutubeTV streaming. $65 / month and it has every single channel I ever watched on cable, plus local stations, plus DVR, plus no contract. And, there's shear joy in calling the cable service and cancelling.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:40 AM

We cut the cord and streaming with HULU. Huge savings and great customer service.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:53 AM

Cut the cord and stream. No frustrations. Low cost even if you pay for channels like Netflix, etc.

Stewiegal
Old 02-11-2021, 06:58 AM

Get an internet provider of your choice and buy an Amazon fire stick and stream what you want. It works awesome
Old 02-11-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Had the same concern last year with Comcast and switched to Dish. The wife hated it. I thought it was OK, especially for taping lots of shows, but we still needed high speed internet. Tried DSL and it was terribly slow. Paid Comcast for just internet and when combined with the Dish, the cost was nearly the same total. Went back to all Comcast with a cheaper 2-year promotional contract. The wife is happy, happy! Happy wife, happy life.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:21 AM

We ditched Comcast last month. Got internet with CenturyLink for 49.99 locked in for life. Went with Max23TV. No buffering. Over 1000 channels, including our hometown channel and all of the sports channels. Love it. No contracts.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:32 AM
Default Had Dish, Direct TV, etc

[QUOTE=Topspinmo;1900189]Finely had it with Comlast! Dumping them, I don’t care if I have listen to radio the rest of my time here. Going to try dish network. They have better line up and 1/2 price for what I want. Comcast January rate hikes was last straw for me.[/QUOTE

We had Direct TV, Dish Network, Comcast Xfinity, no comparison every time it rains either here or where the signal is being transmitted from, you will lose picture or cause extreme pixelization in your screen. The key to dealing with Comcast it to NEGOTIATE with them, the January increase were taxes and government charges. Negotiate with them starting 3 months before your contract is over. They are the best in programming and picture quality plus internet, want to save big money, use Xfinity cellular, we had Verizon and were paying over $100 per month for 2 lines, last month with Xfinity it was $14.99 for 2 lines.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Reached the same level of aggravation that you have. Switched to DirecTV and wondered why I hadn’t done it sooner.

Don’t get bamboozled by choosing DISH to save a couple bucks a month. Their content is much less than DirecTV and their tech support and service is impossible. My neighbor did that, switched a second time to DirecTV and discovered he had to get rid of the DISH dish at his own expense.

Tags
comcast, network, line, price, 1/2

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.