Concrete Repair

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Default Concrete Repair

My husband accidentally overfilled the golf cart battery and battery acid got on the garage floor and ruined a section of the cement. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or recommendations on how to repair it? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We got a rust stain on the cement from battery drips. Someone on this forum suggested ...I think it is called Iron Out?? Anyway. It works. We got it at Lowes or Home Depot.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Default Concrete Repair

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately the acid ate a little of the concrete and coating off of the floor so I'm looking for some type of repair for that spot.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Baking soda

1st baking soda & water on the spill. let sit about 15 min. This neutalizes the acid. If the acid ate the top of the concrete only, you can go to Lowes in the section where the concrete products are, they sell a "stone" with a small handle on it ( about $20) that you can sand the concrete by hand. If it is too bad, they sell a repair patch in small buckets that can be troweled on.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.