consumer

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Default consumer

Buyer beware

Timothy Moore FirePlace Installers (TM) was contracted to install a 500 gallon propane tank. Workmanship and material (parts and labor) are satisfactory.TM was paid in full day of install. Administratively and monetarily are our issues at hand. 06/01/2020 TM employee gives me an estimate for installing a 500 Propane tank that I agreed to and signed a contract. Delivery /install are satisfactory. Inspector with Marion County Building department had/has several documented issues with TM not fulfilling their permit responsibilities as contracted and issued another fee. This has been ongoing for several months now and I had to pay their late fees so I could move forward with other banking business I have. Well over a dozen phone calls made by me, not counting how many times Marion county and regions Bank has also tried to get them to fulfill their obligation
Old 12-03-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,325 Times in 2,306 Posts

OP, your post is confusing, but I think you are asking for advice on how to proceed. I would contact Seniors against crime and BBB and file complaints with both.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:24 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,856 Times in 3,690 Posts

Unfortunately most (I want to say all) area contractors are not good at the administrative stuff.

Size does not matter...........even one of the largest contractor (two initials, with an "&" sign between) was a nightmare.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,123 Posts

I’ve read this post 3 times still can’t figure out what the problem is and I can’t figure out why I care
Old 12-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,032 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’ve read this post 3 times still can’t figure out what the problem is and I can’t figure out why I care
No Man Is an Island

No man is an island,

Entire of itself;

Every man is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less,

As well as if a promontory were:

As well as if a manor of thy friend's

Or of thine own were.

Any man's death diminishes me,

Because I am involved in mankind.

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

It tolls for thee.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
No Man Is an Island

No man is an island,

Entire of itself;

Every man is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less,

As well as if a promontory were:

As well as if a manor of thy friend's

Or of thine own were.

Any man's death diminishes me,

Because I am involved in mankind.

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

It tolls for thee.
Doc!!!

Who knew that your great intelligence extended to poetry. Wow fellow. I am further impressed. I bet your fiance' looks up at you proudly.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,888 Times in 5,317 Posts

Shouldn't it be the property owner's responsibilty to have a permit? I know the contractor can get the permit, but, it seems as though the ultimate responsibility is with the property owner to ensure the work has been properly permitted. Also, if the county needs to inspect the work, payment should not be have been made until it passed the inspection.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,650 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Doc!!!

Who knew that your great intelligence extended to poetry. Wow fellow. I am further impressed. I bet your fiance' looks up at you proudly.
Um, that's a poem by a man named John Donne, written over 400 years ago. You've never heard the phrase "for whom the bell tolls" before? Or were you just waxing sarcastic?
Old 12-03-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,650 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Shouldn't it be the property owner's responsibilty to have a permit? I know the contractor can get the permit, but, it seems as though the ultimate responsibility is with the property owner to ensure the work has been properly permitted. Also, if the county needs to inspect the work, payment should not be have been made until it passed the inspection.
It's the property owner's responsibility to ensure that all the permits are in place. But that doesn't mean the property owner has to be the ones to acquire the permits. Usually contractors handle whatever permits apply to the scope of the work they're contracted to do on the owner's behalf, and the costs of the permits are built into the contract.

Sometimes they're not acquired by the contractor, and sometimes - a contractor will claim he's getting it, and not get it. That's why it's ultimately up to the owner to make sure SOMEONE gets those permits before the work starts.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,888 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's the property owner's responsibility to ensure that all the permits are in place. But that doesn't mean the property owner has to be the ones to acquire the permits. Usually contractors handle whatever permits apply to the scope of the work they're contracted to do on the owner's behalf, and the costs of the permits are built into the contract.

Sometimes they're not acquired by the contractor, and sometimes - a contractor will claim he's getting it, and not get it. That's why it's ultimately up to the owner to make sure SOMEONE gets those permits before the work starts.
Yes, but the biggest mistake was that the OP paid the contractor before the job was completed. The job is not done until the county inspects and approves the work.
Closed Thread

Tags
tank, issues, county, marion, propane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.