Contractor Referrals

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2021, 07:25 PM
Default Contractor Referrals

I’m sure this has been discussed in the past, but can anyone offer a recent contractor referral for a smallish kitchen project? I would like to remove a 2’x2’ corner wall to give us a more open floorplan in my Jasmine home. Job would entail cutting out the corner(non-load bearing), repositioning a few electrical outlets, switches and prepping everything for a new wraparound-countertop. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

OP, make sure the contractor is licensed for the electrical work and you may want to double check with the building department to see if any permits are required. You will probably also need: matching tile to repair the floor where the wall is removed, a drywall person to repair the ceiling and apply matching knockdown finish, as well as the orange peel finish on the new wall (or repaired) wall section. You can get your specific house plans from Sumter county building department so you can double check for load bearing, etc. NOTE: wiring usually goes up to the attic, if you are luck the wires may reach to the new location if not you may need new wiring back to the breaker box (I have no idea if a box can be installed to extend the wiring, but I do know if a box is installed it MUST be accessible.) I believe others have done this and will be able to supply other details or corrections to my comments.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I could post a dozen more quotes, but you should get the picture. Everytime someone asks about a remodel contractor, no matter what the job is, Harbortown Homes is always mentioned and with good results. (352) 259-3379

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22
I had the bedroom slider removed in a Gardenia designer home about 7 years ago. I think Harbortown Homes did the removal and wall rebuild. I do not remember the cost my guess around $2500. Definitely was worth it. Provided a wall to hang a large flat screen in the lanai and the master bedroom looks a lot better. The builder has stopped putting sliders in the master to the lanai in new gardenia builds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnievie
Harbortown Homes (352) 259-3379 they have done multiple work of that type in our neighborhood. they did mine. they give you an accurate start date and end date. no money up front. they bring weekly invoices. I had a minor problem after completing and one call and they were there in an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarby2
We are presently working with Harbortown Homes and are very pleased with them ! Enclosing our lanai was a big decision and expense but they have been very professional so far in the early stage though. Rick the owner is a true gentlemen and professional, he has answered all my questions. I had many working for an architectural firm for 30 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59
I’ve used a few different remodeling companies here in the Villages, the last one being Harbortown. For now on they will be the only one I would use. Ontime and great work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807
We just had Harbortown Homes do an extension on our Lanai. We had a detailed estimate, weekly bills, someone here every day and were very happy with the work that was done.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:28 PM

i had a golf cart garage put up . not a good job. if you ask i will tell how he was. had real bad help . hire onely real good pople
Old 01-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Hopefully someone will chime in with experience they’ve actually had with local contractors they’ve actually used. Not anecdotal, second hand accounts, or general recommendations. I will ask several people I know to weigh in with recommendations on their recent experiences having this type of work done.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:00 AM

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:12 PM

Glad to see you're doing your research. From my own experience, very bad experience, do not use Wildwood Kitchen and Bath. Please.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:54 AM

Thanks. I will appreciate whatever you can provide.
Closed Thread

Tags
contractor, floorplan, jasmine, home, wraparound-countertop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.