Contractors who do Driveway Sealing?

Old 01-08-2024, 02:09 PM
Default Contractors who do Driveway Sealing?

Has anyone used Carpio's Concrete Coatings for driveways cleaning and sealing? or Do you have any suggestions.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

No idea no this company, but the company that painted/stained our driveway around 9 years ago no longer suggests additional sealing, the reason it is easy to get moisture sealed in and then the sealer turns cloudy. So my advice check with whomever did the original driveway and see if it actually needs to be resealed, then choose an optimal time of year to have the work done.
Just a note, our driveway (and several others in the block) have never been resealed and still look great.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
No idea no this company, but the company that painted/stained our driveway around 9 years ago no longer suggests additional sealing, the reason it is easy to get moisture sealed in and then the sealer turns cloudy. So my advice check with whomever did the original driveway and see if it actually needs to be resealed, then choose an optimal time of year to have the work done.
Just a note, our driveway (and several others in the block) have never been resealed and still look great.
That "haze" is efflorescence. It's important to hire a reputable company who knows not only what sealant they are treating and the proper product to apply.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:05 PM

Thank You!
Old 01-08-2024, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

I will add if you do not know the original product that was installed, or if it was sealed in the past, I would strongly suggest doing a test sealing in an area to see if the new sealer is compatible.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:39 PM
Default Driveway

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Can you send me a PM or call me at 352-259-4423? This is an old post, but I'm looking for someone to do my driveway. Thank you, Tinker

Tags
sealing, contractors, driveways, cleaning, coatings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.