Cost of In Ground Pool

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2018, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,380 Times in 2,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Can you get a decent size pool for $25,000? What did you pay and can you post the details
To Pool or not to Pool?
Pool or no pool
Looking for recommendation on pool builders
Old 06-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Veteran member

Take a drive along a road like O'Dell circle, where you can see the houses with pools that back up to the road. Then count the pools that actually have any people in them. That may help you decide....
Old 06-23-2018, 06:51 AM

I guess I'll start by saying if you afford a pool and it's maintenance don't put one in. With that said. If you do choose to add a pool go with T&D for Quality and support, not timely with headaches. They will start your pool and be there everyday until it is completed. It will cost around $60.000.00. It will be a pool complete with most everything, including the cage, electronics, heater, sprinkler system, sod landscaping and warranties. When I said not timely, you'll have to wait your turn which could be a while. You could get a pool installed sooner and for less in a earlier time but they will do it because they have no customers. In the long run you will be less stressed, happier and quite satisfied and enjoy your new pool with T&D and that's what life at this stage is all about. Happy swimming.
P.S. You can always find another home in The Villages that already has a pool that are listed at all different prices.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
I guess I'll start by saying if you afford a pool and it's maintenance don't put one in. With that said. If you do choose to add a pool go with T&D for Quality and support, not timely with headaches. They will start your pool and be there everyday until it is completed. It will cost around $60.000.00. It will be a pool complete with most everything, including the cage, electronics, heater, sprinkler system, sod landscaping and warranties. When I said not timely, you'll have to wait your turn which could be a while. You could get a pool installed sooner and for less in a earlier time but they will do it because they have no customers. In the long run you will be less stressed, happier and quite satisfied and enjoy your new pool with T&D and that's what life at this stage is all about. Happy swimming.
P.S. You can always find another home in The Villages that already has a pool that are listed at all different prices.
I agree 100%
Old 06-23-2018, 07:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Take a drive along a road like O'Dell circle, where you can see the houses with pools that back up to the road. Then count the pools that actually have any people in them. That may help you decide....

I suppose if one isn’t present to witness a tree fall it hasn’t fallen ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2018, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I suppose if one isn’t present to witness a tree fall it hasn’t fallen ?

You read my mind.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:21 AM

When you come across said tree and it is lying on the ground you have but 2 possibilities. The tree was cut down (but shows no saw marks) or the tree "fell" down due to age, storm or whatever! Either way it's down and a loss! The real question should be, "did it make a sound" ?
Old 06-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
They all have a water view.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
When you come across said tree and it is lying on the ground you have but 2 possibilities. The tree was cut down (but shows no saw marks) or the tree "fell" down due to age, storm or whatever! Either way it's down and a loss!

The real question should be, "did it make a sound" ?
Recognizing your valid points, the quick and easy answer is...yes, it made a sound.

Whether or not someone actually 'hears' it, sound waves exist as variations of pressure in a medium...such as air.

Think of it this way, if a deaf person watches a tree fall over, but can't hear it...did it make a sound?

Although, you're point has been a philosophical question... that's been around a long time.

If a tree falls in a forest - Wikipedia

I know, I know, I can sometimes be a 'buzz-kill'...on intended lighthearted subjects

Sorry.

As to the post in question, I don't think the lack of seeing people in pools at any one point in time...is indicative of whether they are being used.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
A vinyl pool maybe, concrete no. I know of no vinyl pools in
TV although I’ve been told they are built in Florida.
In 1978 and 1981 I built my own homes in Pensacola, Florida. That's been quite a while ago, but I just found on zillow the home I built in '78. Here's a photo of the back yard, that's a 16 x 32 vinyl pool that I paid $4995 total. It looks like it's still going strong after 40 years. The only negative to a vinyl is the liner will need replacing about every ten years. There are a lot of positives, for example when you walk in the pool, your feet are not on a rough surface but the smooth vinyl and below the vinyl the bottom is formed with vermiculite, which is a soft concrete and forms to the liner and is soft. The sides are 4 x 4' panels that are connected together and lined with a thin sheet of foam rubber. So if you knees bump the sides, they are hitting vinyl backed by foam.

The Villages Florida

The fellow who built this pool was named Don Phillips and he ran an ad in TV Tab which I saw and was his second pool he built. A friend from work got his first pool. I sold the home two years later and next time built a Don Phillips Pool that was 18 x 36 pool with a diving board, steps and underwater light and extra decking, total cost $7700. It sounds cheap but Don Phillips business was going crazy. He had 3 crews working fulltime, in the two years between pools, my second pool was his 200th pool. Within three years Don bought a professional fishing boat with tower and chairs and was on the local news in all the fishing tournaments.

Why they don't build vinyl pools in this area, I don't understand. They are about 1/3 the cost, nicer, easier to keep regulated since the water is not up again concrete or gunite, but vinyl. So keeping the ph levels balanced was a breeze. I maintained my own pools, took about 5 minutes a day. You get an automatic cholorinator, you can buy the cartridges at Walmart and they last three weeks, that handles the chlorine. We didn't have birdcages in the panhandle, so I ran the net across the top and picked up any loose leaves or pine needles, and checked the skimmers for any debris. You can buy a pool sweep or creepy crawler and lt will keep the walls and floors clean if you like, but I didn't need it.

BTW, the home was a 4 BR 3 BA, 2 car garage, stick built with a 400 sf lanai and pool and I paid $7500 for the lot in a new subdivision that featured the parade of homes the first year. I spent $52,000 total to build the home with lot and pool and fence. Sold it to a doctor for $80,000 two years later. In Florida if you live in a home more than a year, you don't need a contractor's license. I was an air traffic controller and about 15 of us at Pensacola built our own homes, and I built two with my next one was even bigger. I saw on zillow the home sold two years ago for $220K. It's amazing to see how things changed in 40 years. I had the home stained with dark brown and the front was landscaped with tropical papas grass and plants, totally different look then now.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-23-2018, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
When you come across said tree and it is lying on the ground you have but 2 possibilities. The tree was cut down (but shows no saw marks) or the tree "fell" down due to age, storm or whatever! Either way it's down and a loss! The real question should be, "did it make a sound" ?

If I fall like a live oak, I’ll be sure it’s a whisper.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
A boat is a money pit, a pool is cheap to run & maintain.

Agree, our pool cost very little on the electric bill for the luxury of having it. My husband maintains the pool, says chemicals (and cost of), checking water is no problem and does require a lot of time!
Old 06-23-2018, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,107 Times in 2,760 Posts

We recently had T&D build us a beautiful 12x24 concrete pool with waterfalls, a retractable cover built into the deck, a huge birdcage, and both solar heat and an electric heat pump. It cost us $62K turnkey with sod replacement when done. They took care of everything including all permits and inspections. It made quit the mess during the constructions but when it was done everything looked great. We are very happy with the final product, have no regrets, and look forward to many years of enjoyment. I still use the sports pools to swim laps but love swimming in our private oasis in the back yard, mostly at night with the underwater LED lights. Since we built the pool we rarely turn on the TV anymore. It's definitely way cheaper and easier to maintain than a boat, or even an expensive luxury car.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

OP needs to price out a deep end pool with waterfall spa, pool bath with closet, and a large enough cage enclosure allowing for multi tier seating. Then work from there to reach a price point.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2018, 04:25 AM
Veteran member
Default TV has how many pools?

There is your answer, enjoy the many pools TV has to offer at no additional expense to you.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, pay, details, $25, 000, post

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.