Cost of In Ground Pool

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2018, 05:45 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

better than a pool, a neighbor who has a pool
Old 06-25-2018, 06:21 AM

We have lived in The Villages for 18 years. We've built 3 pools with 3 different companies. They all were beautiful and all had their own different stress levels. No matter who builds your pool you will NOT see contractors working at your home every day. It will take months to complete and it will cost you over $40K. T&D will most likely be the most expensive but they will do an excellent job. You will still have to wait a long time for them. We waited 3 months just to get an estimate from them. We used Splash Time from Ocala for our most recent and they did a great job. There is nothing like the privacy of your own pool.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:04 AM

No! Minimum 40,000. For a 12 x20 Likely much more than that
Old 06-25-2018, 07:24 AM

Why spend money on a pool when you already have many pools to use. The Villages provides wonderful neighborhood pools and the
maintenance is already paid for in your amenity fee. If you want more choices, obtain a pool membership for the country clubs, it is $275 for a family membership and your guests can also use the c.c. pools when visiting. PLUS, you meet a lot of nice people at the community pools.

Starman
Old 06-25-2018, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Home Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Why spend money on a pool when you already have many pools to use. The Villages provides wonderful neighborhood pools and the
maintenance is already paid for in your amenity fee. If you want more choices, obtain a pool membership for the country clubs, it is $275 for a family membership and your guests can also use the c.c. pools when visiting. PLUS, you meet a lot of nice people at the community pools.

Starman
We love our pool. Use it daily and many evenings after dark with the poll lights on. The privacy and convenience can not be beat. Worth every dollar we spend/spent. Fiesta from Ocala put in our poll. We were swimming in less then 6 weeks from the day they started.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:31 AM
Default Pool

Your looking at around 48,,000 for a pool with salt water system a minor upgrade for much much lower maintenance. With T&D pools the best in town in my opinion and would not go with anyone else does take a bit longer to get them out 2 to 3 months to come out and worth the wait and they actually do stand by their product. 4 years ago my pool in TV was around 30,000 no bird cage, 4 years later 48,000 quote to have another pool installed at a rental of mine here in the villages. Prices have went up a bit. I have had both salt water( about a 3,000 upgrade)and chlorine pools(never again)
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

We love our pool. If you stay here through the summers, to us it is a "must have". The community pools are OK, but our adult community pool is difficult to find a chair at in the afternoons. We can swim in our own anytime day or night that we like. Plus the lights & waterfall are beautiful to sit at in the evening whether we swim or not. Additionally, we know ours is clean. We do our own for less than $20/month in chemicals. Heating runs about $100/mo in the winter. We heat all winter (paid $5,000 for the heater unit).
Old 06-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
We love our pool. If you stay here through the summers, to us it is a "must have". The community pools are OK, but our adult community pool is difficult to find a chair at in the afternoons. We can swim in our own anytime day or night that we like. Plus the lights & waterfall are beautiful to sit at in the evening whether we swim or not. Additionally, we know ours is clean. We do our own for less than $20/month in chemicals. Heating runs about $100/mo in the winter. We heat all winter (paid $5,000 for the heater unit).

Is your heater a heat pump or gas fired ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2018, 10:23 AM

No you can not get a pool for 25,000 unless you want a 10x10
Old 06-25-2018, 11:12 AM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

For those who knock having a pool, sorry for your discontent with them. However I and many others enjoy the backyard pool. A quick swim anytime you please Never closed. Family and guests also. Maintenance and upkeep not bad. If you dont like pools fine, more power to you. No reason to whine how bad they are, in your PERSONAL quite biased opinion.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis and Rose View Post
For those who knock having a pool, sorry for your discontent with them. However I and many others enjoy the backyard pool. A quick swim anytime you please Never closed. Family and guests also. Maintenance and upkeep not bad. If you dont like pools fine, more power to you. No reason to whine how bad they are, in your PERSONAL quite biased opinion.

Anything worth having is worth paying for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2018, 02:39 PM
Gold member

I have to say, when we lived near Boston (Canton) we installed a pool. Thoughts:
1. LOVED, LOVED being able to walk out to the pool, drop trou, jump in and relax with a cocktail—without family, of course. Actually, the yard had great privacy. Usually the trou was left in the house.
2. Bob’s family lived nearby and we loved seeing their kids grow up for some 13 years. (Moved to Provincetown.). Kids and pools is a given. And so are two adults AT ALL TIMES, to keep watch.
3. HATED, HATED constantly testing for chemical levels, pH, clarifier, backwashing the filter, ugh! And it was a huge chore to keep it “crystal clean,” as it should be.
4. Up north, opening and closing was a royal pain. Might not apply here if you’re year-round, but if you flee north in summer, you might have to/want to cover it.
5.we got an estimate from T&D to install in our courtyard villa. Price was north of $60,000.
6. We have pools everywhere here. The priority country club pools are worth the fee. Plus they usually have a restaurant and bar attached.

And now, I leave the decision to you. Please let us know what you decide.

Last edited by Henryk; 06-25-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
I have to say, when we lived near Boston (Canton) we installed a pool. Thoughts:
1. LOVED, LOVED being able to walk out to the pool, drop trou, jump in and relax with a cocktail—without family, of course. Actually, the yard had great privacy. Usually the trou was left in the house.
2. Bob’s family lived nearby and we loved seeing their kids grow up for some 13 years. (Moved to Provincetown.). Kids and pools is a given. And so are two adults AT ALL TIMES, to keep watch.
3. HATED, HATED constantly testing for chemical levels, pH, clarifier, backwashing the filter, ugh! And it was a huge chore to keep it “crystal clean,” as it should be.
4. Up north, opening and closing was a royal pain. Might not apply here if you’re year-round, but if you flee north in summer, you might have to/want to cover it.
5.we got an estimate from T&D to install in our courtyard villa. Price was north of $60,000.
6. We have pools everywhere here. The priority country club pools are worth the fee. Plus they usually have a restaurant and bar attached.

And now, I leave the decision to you. Please let us know what you decide.

Good information to share another opinion. Our courtyard villa pool has been terrific, love that we can go out the slider and into the pool anytime, or simply have coffee on the lanai and watch the sunrise. Husband does not have an issue with the chemicals, he is retired and has the time to maintain, states it does not involve that much. Cost is minimal to the electric bill and pool maintenance, we are pleasantly surprised. Fiesta did a super job installing our 25' pool and bird cage; for us worth every cent. No regrets.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Default Pool for $30,000

Call me at 352-279-3449 and I will give you their direct number .. I just had my pool done for $31,000.. Brick pavers , All concrete ..led lights it changes colors, No bird cage..
Old 06-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're looking to save some money and thinking outside the box, as I mentioned back on post #25 that a vinyl pool has many advantages and can be much cheaper. Before deciding on T&D or All Seasons or an Ocala company, check out some Orlando dealers. Pacific Pools of Orlando has very good feedback and builds vinyl pools, here's their website. Orlando Florida Vinyl Liner Swimming Pool Builder - Best FL Swimming Pools Contractor

If you are wondering if a vinyl pool will last as long as a gunite or concrete pool, here is a recent photo of a vinyl pool that I had built in Pensacola in 1978. The home just sold on Zillow and I had looked up the address and found the photos. This pool was only $5,000 in 1978, that makes it 40 years old.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, pay, details, $25, 000, post

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.