Wal-Mart Electronic Service Plan

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Default Wal-Mart Electronic Service Plan

I purchased a new 36 inch flat screen LCD TV from Wal-Mart in April of 2012. When I bought the TV I also paid the extra $20.00 for a add on 2 year warranty that included surge protection. Earlier this month there was a lightening strike nearby and it took out my TV and it's satellite receiver (was covered by DIRECTTV). I called the number on the Wal-Mart policy and they sent me a prepaid shipping box. I sent the TV to them on Aug 8th, they robo-called me when they got it, on the 14th, and called again when it was repaired and sent back on the 15th. I got it yesterday and it's good as new. So, that $20.00 I paid for the policy was well worth the money. Most manufactures warranties do not protect against surge's, and we live in lightening country. I highly recommend that you don't be "penny wise and pound foolish" when you are offered this policy from Wal-Mart on your electronic purchases.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...igApplause.gif
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAVEWS View Post
I purchased a new 36 inch flat screen LCD TV from Wal-Mart in April of 2012. When I bought the TV I also paid the extra $20.00 for a add on 2 year warranty that included surge protection. Earlier this month there was a lightening strike nearby and it took out my TV and it's satellite receiver (was covered by DIRECTTV). I called the number on the Wal-Mart policy and they sent me a prepaid shipping box. I sent the TV to them on Aug 8th, they robo-called me when they got it, on the 14th, and called again when it was repaired and sent back on the 15th. I got it yesterday and it's good as new. So, that $20.00 I paid for the policy was well worth the money. Most manufactures warranties do not protect against surge's, and we live in lightening country. I highly recommend that you don't be "penny wise and pound foolish" when you are offered this policy from Wal-Mart on your electronic purchases.

Villagers helping Villagers. Good for you! And Thank you.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAVEWS View Post

Your TV could be damaged again from an indirect lightning strike. If you do not want to rely on your warranty and go through the hassle you may wish to consider a surge protection device (SPD) if you have not already done so. The TV, any DVD player, and satellite box should be plugged into a SPD. The satellite cable should also be connected to the SPD. This is frequently overlooked by many homeowners. See the August issue of the POA Bulletin at poa4us.org for more info on surge protection.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.