Dawn's Car Service DON'T USE HER!

Old 01-04-2024, 04:18 PM
Location: Currently live in White Bear Lake, MN/Alhambra Village, FL. Lived in Columbia, SC. From Beacon, NY.

In the past three years we have used Groome about 15 times and had never had a problem. We used Dawn’s Service one time only and it went fine other than a little crowded in a small car.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:10 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
So I went to Ireland for the holiday and 2 months ago, I booked transportation with Dawn's Car Service to Orlando Airport.

At 2:50 PM on 12/26 I get a text, "Is your flight on time? I'm leaving now".

15-20 minutes later I get a text, "I'm feeling under the weather, I'm sending my son.

It's supposed to be a 4:30 pm pickup.

4:35 he's not here and I ask Dawn if he's lost.

"He made a wrong turn and will be there in 15 minutes" is the response.

How does someone get lost with GPS?

4:50 she says "he's still not there"? "He should be there". (no kidding!)

4:55 I tell her I'm going to miss my flight and I'm leaving to drive to Orlando.

He's still not here at 5. I drive to the airport, spend 40 minutes finding a place to park, then dash from Terminal A to Terminal C, race through Security and make my flight, only because of the kindness of the AerLingus desk agent, who allows me to board the flight, late.

Now I'm stuck with my car at Orlando airport and after 22 hours of airports and flying, I have to drive back to TV at midnight last night.

Dawn won't refund my $261 and offered me a "credit towards a future booking". Oh yeah, I can't wait to depend on her again!

& as it turns out, Dawn doesn't even have a "son", I've been told.
OMG, just when I thought I'd heard a lot of horror stories, your experience really takes first prize ! I'm sorry, that sure makes something that should be such a pleasure nothing but stress.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:14 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner1001 View Post
That’s what I thought. I believe there is more to this story.
Didn't it say it was for TWO people ?
Old 01-04-2024, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I can empathize with the OP not wanting to get to an offsite parking lot after 22 hours of travel and then drive home. We fly frequently to Europe and Australia, and the last thing we want to do after baggage claim and customs & border patrol is then have to wait for someone to pick us up to retrieve the car and then have to drive home.

Another thing we don't want to do after all that travel is get on a bus that drops several people off individually or just takes you to a point that isn't your home. We very much appreciate the ease of a private car service and have used the same one for over a decade without a hitch. We don't prepay. There have been threads on this topic that list reliable private services, if one wants to do a search.
Ever considered getting a room near the airport. Get a good night's sleep, have breakfast, then drive home when you are ready to make the trip. Just a thought.
We used to stay near the airport, pay to leave the car at the hotel till we returned, catch the shuttle to the airport. On return, shuttle to the hotel, spend the night, breakfast, then drive home in the morning. We considered it the first and last days of vacation. Took lots of stress out of traveling. You get home rested instead of frazzeled.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadocs View Post
didn't it say it was for two people ?
one
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Dawns_6.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	102050  
Old 01-05-2024, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Well we sure destroyed Dawn's business.
How can one destroy a business that was NEVER legal in the first place? She wasn't state business licensed, no commercial insurance, no airport permits, and you say destroy a business? What they did was expose an illicit service.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM0715 View Post
How can one destroy a business that was NEVER legal in the first place? She wasn't state business licensed, no commercial insurance, no airport permits, and you say destroy a business? What they did was expose an illicit service.
Thank you.

& expose a crook. She still won't refund my money. Maybe when she's in court for her apparent arrest for shoplifting at Wal-Mart, I can be heard at her sentencing.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for a response from the dispute I filed with my credit card company.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:33 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

I appreciate the OP for posting this. For those that want to discount the OP’s experience, that is their prerogative to do so. Posting that they had wonderful experiences does not negate the OP’s experience. I need 100% reliable transportation to the airport when flying.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Incidentally, I was looking for a service to get to MCO in 2 weeks for just myself. Ended up booking a one way car rental from Leesburg to MCO where I'll pick up the car the day before. Was $44 all-in with taxes. Seems like the less stressful way to go.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM0715 View Post
Never said exposing her was a bad thing. She was exposed as a dishonest businesswoman
Old 01-05-2024, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Incidentally, I was looking for a service to get to MCO in 2 weeks for just myself. Ended up booking a one way car rental from Leesburg to MCO where I'll pick up the car the day before. Was $44 all-in with taxes. Seems like the less stressful way to go.
How do you get from your house to Leesburg and back? Or does the rental agent let you park in their lot for free?
Old 01-05-2024, 10:13 PM
Sage

Villages Airport Van will pick you up at your house and take you to MCO for $45. Depending on where you live you may be in the van for a bit because they will generally have multiple pickups. I have used them a bunch of times and never an issue. I have also used Dave's car service and would recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post

Last edited by biker1; 01-05-2024 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2024, 11:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
How do you get from your house to Leesburg and back? Or does the rental agent let you park in their lot for free?
I will get a ride their from my spouse, but I've been here for almost 2 years so have met a decent amount of people that would likely drop me off there if I asked them.
Old 01-06-2024, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I appreciate the OP for posting this. For those that want to discount the OP’s experience, that is their prerogative to do so. Posting that they had wonderful experiences does not negate the OP’s experience. I need 100% reliable transportation to the airport when flying.
Good point.

I think it is contingent upon all of us to be a bit circumspect about posting opinions because of the power that this board has. Seems as if most merchants and vendors doing business in TV or with TV'ers monitor it. It is easy to turn one isolated bad experience, or a real (or even imagined) slight into a crusade that can do a lot of damage. I always try to remind myself that we're all human, thus all have bad days or unforeseen things happen that may give a negative impression to others. But if those "isolated" incidents seem to have a pattern of repeating--well, that is something else entirely.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:24 AM
Platinum member

Just an update.

I disputed my payment to Dawn's Car Services.

It's now been over a month, since the unfortunate experience.

The attached, arrived in my email this morning.

Dawn's has not only not refunded my $261, she's disputing my Credit Card company's attempt to reverse the charge. The gall of some people, is mind boggling.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 5.18.54 AM.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	102526  

Tags
flight, airport, drive, orlando, dawn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.