After construction whole-house music / intercom systems

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Default After construction whole-house music / intercom systems

Soliciting any information regarding having a whole house music / intercom system installed post construction. Has anyone had this done? Do you know of any firms or contractors in the area that provide this type of work? We stayed in one of the Lake Cottages during our lifestyle trip which had this feature, however, when discussing a new home purchase with TV sales representative he related this is no longer an option for a new home. We have now decided to purchase a pre-owned; unfortunately the home does not have one of these systems. Any information and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:40 AM

Try Bob's TV in Summerfield. They do whole house entertainment systems.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Location: Arizona, Crystal Lake, IL McHenry, IL Woodstock, IL next stop Tamarind Grove
Smile whole house music

We meet with the design team on monday and I was hoping to pick that option also. I guess to look on the bright side,it will be money saved.
Can't wait to get there Sunday.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Sage

Although we didn't wind up getting a home theater at this time, we were impressed with Awesome Home Theater in Eustis. They are located at 110 S. Bay St.. 352-589-7012.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Johnson View Post
Soliciting any information regarding having a whole house music / intercom system installed post construction. Has anyone had this done? Do you know of any firms or contractors in the area that provide this type of work? We stayed in one of the Lake Cottages during our lifestyle trip which had this feature, however, when discussing a new home purchase with TV sales representative he related this is no longer an option for a new home. We have now decided to purchase a pre-owned; unfortunately the home does not have one of these systems. Any information and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
Call Rick Williams@ Hooked Up........352.330.2000. He's fantastic! Anytime we've had questions, repairs, etc...he's been there and extremely reasonable.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow View Post
We meet with the design team on monday and I was hoping to pick that option also. I guess to look on the bright side,it will be money saved.
Can't wait to get there Sunday.
It costs triple to install the wiring after the sheet rock is up. If you're saving money its because you're now not going to install a sytem...

My buddy just installed a system where he uses a RF remote to control all the boxes he has in his basement. (I would use the 2nd or 3rd bedroom to house) The family room just has the plasma on the wall and the speakers. Very cool.

He has this done when the house was being built. He has more wires in his house than some small businesses...

Funny thing was the wire contractor made sure all the wires for the TVs would be in the walls behind the plasmas. Problem was no electric. That had to be done of course. Now he has to get a whole house surge protector to protect his three TVs. An oversight he realized after Irene came by.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Veteran member

So, can I get house prewired for highspeed internet, DirecTV, Telephone or do I have to install after house is finished. Currently in a custom house where I could come in after work and run my own low voltage lines.

I just want COMCAST for High Speed internet, currently have 7MBPS, and use DirecTV that we have for video. Currently have one standard Def TIVO from DirecTV in video theater which also feeds all other T.V.'s and a hidef DirecTV which has no Tivo since DirecTV does not make sell them anymore, but can play back TIVO on it.

Found IR to RF converter which replaced a battery in remote control and used then a Z cell vice AA. Works great on both floors.

Want to duplicate this setup.

Will probably use Vonage for phone, free worldwide. But want to wire more than the three cordless phones, so need phone line to drive the other phones.

Since I doubt The Villages Construction Company will let me do it myself, and that I will be out of state, any good recommendations on Audio/video installers that can work there?
Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Gold member
Default Bose

I'm saving up for the new BOSE Video Wave TV.

Go to a BOSE store sit down and be prepared to be amazed. Like a BOSE wave radio on steroids!

No more wires cables for me Clean TV on the wall amazing surround sound that adapts to any room.

Google BOSE Video Wave

Herv
Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
So, can I get house prewired for highspeed internet, DirecTV, Telephone or do I have to install after house is finished. Currently in a custom house where I could come in after work and run my own low voltage lines.
New construction is prewired for cable and phone. Also fiber for the most recently built. DirecTV uses the cable and does free installation. They have a great HD DVR and offer whole house DVR viewing.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:30 PM

Try Galaxy Home Solutions in Wildwood, 352-748-4868 or John Thall, 352-326-8088
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Default A cheap solution

I hook my iPod up to an iTrip (don't know if they are still available) set my radios in each room to 87.9 FM and get music throughout the house. Serves my purpose.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUgirl View Post
Try Galaxy Home Solutions in Wildwood, 352-748-4868 or John Thall, 352-326-8088
Thread is from late 2011.

Bill
Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Thread is from late 2011.

Bill
Guess ya can't keep a good thread down.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

I would strongly suggest investigating Sonos as they offer a wirelss sound system that provides excellent sound all controlled by your iPad, phone, etc. It interacts with iTunes and I have it installed in my New England "man cave" and am pleased.

Wireless Home Music Systems and HiFi Music Players from Sonos
Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
I would strongly suggest investigating Sonos as they offer a wirelss sound system that provides excellent sound all controlled by your iPad, phone, etc. It interacts with iTunes and I have it installed in my New England "man cave" and am pleased.

Wireless Home Music Systems and HiFi Music Players from Sonos
Sonos is available at Best Buy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.