Directv cabling into house

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2018, 09:59 AM
Default Directv cabling into house

In a past life I used Directv. To install it they drilled a hole and ran 2 RG6 cables along my base boards around the room to the set top box.

I would like to consider Directv again but don’t want cables running across the floors from the entry point to the box.

Has anyone installed Directv recently. Can you explain what they did to get cables into your house and to the box?
Old 05-20-2018, 10:15 AM
Sage

Little advice on any cable/ dish installations

Demand the following:
1) a factory installer-not an authorized contractor
2) no Dish attached to your roof--a post on the ground with a concrete pour around it
Old 05-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Veteran member

How about Directv Now?
Old 05-20-2018, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
How about Directv Now?
Good choice. All you need is internet and you stream it through a Roku box. Another good choice is YouTube TV. All the local channels plus many cable channels; plenty of sports channels. Unlimited cloud-based DVR for your recordings. These type of streaming services are killing the cable and sattelite providers.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Good choice. All you need is internet and you stream it through a Roku box. Another good choice is YouTube TV. All the local channels plus many cable channels; plenty of sports channels. Unlimited cloud-based DVR for your recordings. These type of streaming services are killing the cable and sattelite providers.
I actually had both YouTube tv and directv now last month. I cancelled directv now and kept youtube tv. Both were $35 a month. YouTube tv has gone up to $40. Youtube tv had all 4 of my local channels (directv now had 2). Youtube tv also has the golf channel. Directv now has the golf channel but only in the two top tier packages. Youtube tv also has the dvr and I think directv now is just now getting the dvr. Both streaming services are good choices.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:56 AM

I have had two houses here in the Villages, one Designer and one Villa. Both homes came with external access for any TV/Internet provider, and pre-wired hook ups in most rooms of the house. I have used both Spectrum and Direct TV in both places without problem and without the messy cables that you mention.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpej View Post
I have had two houses here in the Villages, one Designer and one Villa. Both homes came with external access for any TV/Internet provider, and pre-wired hook ups in most rooms of the house. I have used both Spectrum and Direct TV in both places without problem and without the messy cables that you mention.
I've got DISH TV at the moment and it was also installed without running any extra cable throughout the house. My house is about 3 years old and the living room and bedrooms are all pre-wired for cable. I imagine that's true of all newer homes here. I just with they were also wired for Ethernet as I prefer hard-wired networking to WiFi.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Fenney Install

I recently moved into Fenney and the Directv install was pretty simple. Put up the dish and then pull the cable into the low voltage cable box in the garage and ask which connections in the house I wanted live.
Closed Thread

Tags
directv, box, cables, house, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.