Do not use lowes installers

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2023, 09:09 AM
Default Lowe's sub-contractors

We bought shades from Lowe's for the lani and had Lowe's install them. The installer did a great job. Like anything not all their contractors do a poor job.
Old 08-28-2023, 07:06 PM
Default Permit and inspections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepisa1990 View Post
Lowes sold us a siding job, brought a contractor along who laid out a plan for our house, so we agreed, 2 weeks later a roofer dropped of 3 day laborers without ladders and tore our house apart, it still sits today, 3 weeks later without siding, trash in the yard, you will not get a pro team as promised, you will not get certified installers as promised, connot get anyone from lowes to look at it, no activity for 2 weeks now.
Did they get both? Both are required
Old 08-28-2023, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,953 Times in 939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
I have had major jobs done through Lowes twice. I'm done. Problems both times. Since they just hire the job out and take a cut, in the future I will just act as the general contractor.
Supporting the local contractors who charge more, but are mostly local and rely on referrals, etc, is good. No different than going to check out lanes versus self check out. . the sleazes undercut to get the jobs from HD and Lowes, and then ghost the job. .

I did a microwave replacement through Lowes last month, and they were done in 15 minutes, they didn't follow through on leaving the microwave in the garage and i called Lowes, and they returned it the next day. .

but not major installs nor custom work. . get local contractors for that with quotes, and references, and licenses
Old 08-29-2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsouthworth47@yahoo.com View Post
We bought shades from Lowe's for the lani and had Lowe's install them. The installer did a great job. Like anything not all their contractors do a poor job.
We are getting a quote from Lowes for this. Mind sharing the name of the installer?

Lowes now runs all of their installations out of corporate in NC. I was having problems even getting a call from the installer of my gutter, so I went to the store to complain, and that is what I was told, and that is why it has become a cluster. They were helpful getting corporate on the line, and I cancelled the service and got my money back.

And then found a local company that did a great job for 1/3 the price.

I will get the quote from Lowes for the shades, but I plan to get at least one more just to level set.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepisa1990 View Post
Lowes sold us a siding job, brought a contractor along who laid out a plan for our house, so we agreed, 2 weeks later a roofer dropped of 3 day laborers without ladders and tore our house apart, it still sits today, 3 weeks later without siding, trash in the yard, you will not get a pro team as promised, you will not get certified installers as promised, connot get anyone from lowes to look at it, no activity for 2 weeks now.
All Big Box Stores installers are mostly sub-par from my experience. Although the man who installed my dishwasher that i bought at Lowes was excellent. I got lucky.
Old 09-04-2023, 06:00 AM
Veteran member

This appeared in my newsfeed. Somehow Lowes installed a washing machine incorrectly and was not responsive in resolving the issue.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...268b8be8&ei=21
Closed Thread

Tags
lowes, weeks, promised, house, siding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.