Home Warranty companies

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Default Home Warranty companies

Has anyone chosen a home warranty company after the initial 2-year Village warranty has expired? AHS (American Home Shield) is huge but non-responsive to my requests. Select Warranty does not cover irrigation. Choice Home Warranty is very aggressive & 3 reps continue to call me. thank you.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Perhaps look into the services offered by Broward Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning |Broward Factory Service

Old 10-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Service America seems to be very good and very responsive. Not so sure about Broward's. Have had to call them about five different issues. Each time the response was that nothing was wrong with the appliance. After having them come out at least three times for these issues, parts would finally be replaced and the appliance would again work properly.

Don't think any of the home warranty companies cover irrigation. Most irrigation issues are quickly and easily fixed, usually for well under $100.00.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwoodbk View Post
Has anyone chosen a home warranty company after the initial 2-year Village warranty has expired? AHS (American Home Shield) is huge but non-responsive to my requests. Select Warranty does not cover irrigation. Choice Home Warranty is very aggressive & 3 reps continue to call me. thank you.
Home warranty companies are very successful because the odds are with them that it will cost you more than it costs them to repair or replace any of the items they are covering for you.

Don't buy their insurance and tell those three reps to take a walk. Put away the monthly fee they charge; put it somewhere in a separate account or in your sock drawer, and don't touch it. Then, a few years down the road when you have problem, you will have the money to take care of it.

Warranty companies are a very expensive form of peace of mind.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:34 PM

We have had American Home Warranty here in Chicago the last 2 years and I think it is about $400 a year. A service call is $69.00 flat. We have more than made up for the monthly/yearly fee. In fact our dishwasher needed something in the digital display and it was an $800 part (I know, but it is a Bosch) and we paid just the $69.00 and the warranty company sent Sears out to fix it. I feel more comfortable having a policy in place. We have a new home in Lake Deaton so I won't need one for awile but when our home warranty is up we will get another policy.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:58 AM
Sage

I have had Service America for about 4 years. The fee is about $200 a year. There are no other fees. I have called them about 4 times a year. They are very responsive and generally get someone here the next business day. If a replacement part is needed you pay for the part, but they order it and when it comes they install it, no further cost. It's peace of mind for me. Covers all major appliances, plumbing and air condition.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Eternal Member

We have had Broward Factory Service for a few years. They are great ! Had many items serviced. We have several of our friends who have now signed up with them and they are all happy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.