Driveway coatings

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Default Driveway coatings

We are looking at getting our driveway done probably with an epoxy base.
We will also have the Lanai and a cement pad for the grill done while they are here. We have spoken to a company called ArtistiCrete from Leesberg. Can anyone comment on this company? We are also open to recommendations of other companies. Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Veteran member

I don't know about the specific company, but I would recommend that you tour some of the older villages built 5 to 10 years ago to see what happens to the painted drives after a few years, especially without periodic clearcoats or sealers. Faded, chipped, paint colors and graphics no longer match the home, etc. My understanding (from a neighbor's experience) is that a re-do after a few years is quite expensive and involved. Also the wrong graphic design can hurt a resale (i.e. your initials, the face of your pet dog, pink flamingo, etc)

The only coatings that seem to retain color and luster are the textured sprayed concrete drives. Expensive, but probably worth it, compared to painting.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Default Driveway Painting

I like you looked for recommendations of contractors that did driveway painting. I did have knowledge of the different products that are used as my AE firm perpared specifications for coating floors on some of your projects. There is staining types and epoxy types. The epoxy type will cost a little more but will last for 5 to 7 years without having to be sealed. The stain type will require a seal about every 2 years. The seal costs about $200. The difference I received between the stain and the epoxy was $550, epoxy being $550 more. In 6 years I will have saved $50 and no sealing. I selected the epoxy system.

The contractor I selected was Home Services, Inc owned by Jasper Reid. He did an outstanding job, completing the project on time with no overruns. His paint is specially make for him. He has been in the business for 35 years with his son doing most of the painting and art work. His grandson does the prep cleaning before the paint goes down. He is turely a craftsman that takes pride in his work and see that it is done to the customers satisfaction. I highly recommend him. You can reach him at 352-267-7814.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Default Driveway painting

We used Amy Newsome after reading several recommendations on TOTV. She and her crew left here some three hours ago after doing, over the last three days, our driveway, garage, and lanai. We had other estimates and her price was well below others. Folks next to us had theirs done this past week by someone else. Our comparison has us concluding that we made the absolute correct choice. She is at 352-308-7410. I will warn you that she is very popular and books up early so you may have to wait. Recommended without hesitation.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Jasper Reid did our Lanai and our driveway was done by Custom Ram Design. Driveway was rather expensive but awesome and has held up well.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Gold member

When we were down there for our lifestyle visit, we noticed some painted drives and some drives that looked like stones in some type of base. They were quite nice but we wondered if they were put in when the drive was poured or was this something that could be added later. Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:06 PM

try Cost-Less
fred and hank
phone: 352-347-9737
great work and hank does murals or pictures and designs.
been in business for about 15 years.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM

Del Hobdy of Delcrete Coatings is very reliable. Does a fantastic job. Prices are very competitive. He specializes in Garage floors, driveways, & lanias. You will not be disappointed. His number is 352-551-1515.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjay23 View Post
We used Amy Newsome after reading several recommendations on TOTV. She and her crew left here some three hours ago after doing, over the last three days, our driveway, garage, and lanai. We had other estimates and her price was well below others. Folks next to us had theirs done this past week by someone else. Our comparison has us concluding that we made the absolute correct choice. She is at 352-308-7410. I will warn you that she is very popular and books up early so you may have to wait. Recommended without hesitation.
We have just had our premier driveway redone due to a lousy paint job that chipped and peeled like a 100 year old house. Amy Newsome was the best price and worked on the design with wife Lynn. It looks fabulous and we have a contract with her to seal it every coupleof years.

10 days to FROGhood!

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfravel View Post
We will also have the Lanai and a cement pad for the grill done while they are here. We have spoken to a company called ArtistiCrete from Leesberg. Can anyone comment on this company? We are also open to recommendations of other companies. Thanks
call me before choosing a contractor, I have had some bad experiences. 352-753-0831
Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I was thinking of using ArtistiCrete at one time for my lanai and front porch. I do remember they wanted money up front which, to me, is a no-no for something involving minimal materials. I also checked out the BBB on them and found an "F" rating and three complaints there. I moved on to someone else and was happy with the job. Unfortunately, I forget who I used so I can't recommend anyone.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:38 PM

In the Village Magazine there is an ad for a company called The Coating Masters. Their number is 352-512-0826.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
When we were down there for our lifestyle visit, we noticed some painted drives and some drives that looked like stones in some type of base. They were quite nice but we wondered if they were put in when the drive was poured or was this something that could be added later. Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?
I've seen many of them done after so I would imagine that is how they are done.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:25 AM

Check out Custom RAM Design. They do a good job and stand by their work.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Default Driveway painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfravel View Post

From our experience with having our driveway done by Roger and Patty Effinger out of Leesburg you need to check with Seniors verses Crime located in the sheriffs annex on 466. These two people have more than 10 complaints against them. Our driveway is peeling and they refuse to come back and fix it. Again, make sure you DON'T use Roger and Patty Effinger and check with the Seniors Verses Crime.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.