driveway finishing

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 07:57 PM

F9 Restorations? New here and the driveway has black streaks. Help! Ideas?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Veteran member

We are considering the best of both worlds - having a painted finish put on our lanai (same as a driveway) that has a slightly rough finish so no slipping and the design can can be put on to look like pavers. The company we have spoken with does painting, sealing and pavers. He actually talked us out of pavers, even though it was more money in his pocket. He said most people he knows who have had the pavers have not been happy because they shift, crack and dirt gets in the cracks so then there's the weed problem. He did our driveway and we are super pleased. He is coming back to do our side yard concrete patio and we will probably have him to the lanai, too. His name? Bob at Custom Driveway Design. 352-406-6677
Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
He said most people he knows who have had the pavers have not been happy because they shift, crack and dirt gets in the cracks so then there's the weed problem. 7
I disagree, if they installed correctly shouldn't happen
Old 11-25-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark7 View Post
Yes, an estimate for liquid concrete would really be appreciated - my driveway is yucky.
Average cost is $5.00 - $6.00 per square foot depending on design chosen.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM

Gabbi1393, Wow, that's a lot more expensive than pavers!

Jimbo2012, you mentioned that pavers should be glued down with a masonry adhesive. Does this apply to every paver they install? I've seen pavers here installed in TV with just sand, and they shifted very quickly (obviously a poor install method). The better jobs install over sand everywhere except they used a masonry adhesive on just the edge/borders and at the street entry. I talked the the installer and they said the outside being glued is the correct install method and the rest of the pavers float but can't move much due to the edges being glued. He said that 1" pavers occasionally crack, but can be replaced easily. Do you think this is a line of BS or is there various installation options with pavers. This is the first time I've seen pavers being installed over concrete driveways. Up north they would have removed the concrete and installed a thick paver base material, vibrate it to pack it down, and then install real pavers 2-3" thick (brick like) not the 1" pavers you see around here.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Veteran member
Default driveway

Pavers will break and need to be replaced also you need to resand and seal. The milky look is from dampness under the sealer. The 3inch pavers don't break but they do need to be resanded and sealed. Also more expensive.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:53 AM

For liquid concrete, check out Custom Ram Design, Inc. - Ocala, Fl.
From home page click on Gallery, then click on ornate design. Our driveway was done 5 years ago and still looks new.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.