Enclosing Lanai

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 AM

First of all thank you 784 Carolina for your post....I will keep everyone updated to owners promise...to correct the situation..
As of the day I posted "my Aplogy" neighbors emailed me to state someone was walking and looking aroung the lanai same day. However I am waiting for a phone contact from him advising of what actions he is taking. I dont think I will contact his office mgr anytime soon..
Being in NY makes this more complicated but also makes me appreciate my wonderful neighbors and TOTV friends.... Laura
Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETHPAGE BLACK View Post
First of all thank you 784 Carolina for your post....I will keep everyone updated to owners promise...to correct the situation..
As of the day I posted "my Aplogy" neighbors emailed me to state someone was walking and looking aroung the lanai same day. However I am waiting for a phone contact from him advising of what actions he is taking. I dont think I will contact his office mgr anytime soon..
Being in NY makes this more complicated but also makes me appreciate my wonderful neighbors and TOTV friends.... Laura
Hey Laura, if you need me to walk about there and check something out for you, just let me know. I'm only in Hadley, so its not inconvenient. I'll even take some pictures if you want. Just PM me and let me know.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It turns out that glass is cheaper than acrylic. Who knew????? We've good things about White's Alum and they gave us a quote of $5,450 which includes a 25% discount. We have a large L shaped lanai and hopefully our AC will do the job. We have yet to call the AC man. I will keep you posted on our progress.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Veteran member
Default enclose lanai

one of the best reasons to enclose is DIRT - the dirt i amazing - we did glass and enlarged - we used ELITE LIFESTYLES - VERY VERY PLEASED AND DID NOT NOTICE AN INCREASE IN TAX
Old 08-22-2009, 07:46 PM
REH7380
Thumbs up Customer

Any of you New York and Conn. snow birds remember the famous Stu Lenoards which is located in Danbury, Conn. In fact they were featured one time on, I think it was 60 minutes. They have a 2 rules for their employees:
1st rule = Customer is always right, 2nd rule = If you have a question refer to the 1st rule.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Default Just moved from Danbury, CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH7380 View Post
Any of you New York and Conn. snow birds remember the famous Stu Lenoards which is located in Danbury, Conn. In fact they were featured one time on, I think it was 60 minutes. They have a 2 rules for their employees:
1st rule = Customer is always right, 2nd rule = If you have a question refer to the 1st rule.
Yes, Stu Leonard's was a delightful store to shop in. Miss it much. We just became full-time Villagers mid-July and couldn't be happier.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Default Hold all the caulk, ask for apologies, or change company name.

The contractor holds all the caulk, has all the information and know-how. Asking the customer to eloquent “””sorry, I did not understand or except this to turn out like this.” Amplified the customer’s apprehension rather than diminish it. This one-sidedness creates a circumstance where the contractors begin to take unmerited advantage. The contractor has crafted a condition where the customer is intimidated. The contractor projected this to come about as a consequence of the customers apologies. Once this is set off he knows all the customer wants is the job done and over with. He can bully the customer into accepting anything to avoid being ripped off, misunderstand, or overcharged (do to his workmanship). This is what freezes the customer in their tracks. The contractor will state “our company will not be able to please you with our job” A contractor that requires acts of penitence before they will fix a dilemma is nothing less then a bully. You must realize you have zero to loose. Take actions, call, write, tell but don’t give up. Yes it does rain in Florida, but work is accomplished. Or are we all sitting soaking our feet in pots of water????
Old 09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Default enclosed lanai

To MMK3B...Your assessment of my situation is right on the money..
After the apology..contractor turned Mr Niceguy and called said yes I was right it is a poor job and he will pull all caulk out and start again..
Was I happy..?? YOu bet..for one day.....Then I got the phone call from my neighbor..Lanai is full of water again...I have been calling the contractor for a week and he does not return my calls...Yes ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION does poor work and uses BULLY tactics!
He has the nerve to blame the builder for putting up a terrible lanai.
He did not tell me before I signed a contact that the lanai will leak because the builder did a poor job..He promised me quality..

I will be following up with him and will file a complaint against him...What a mess.
Thank all of my peeps for listening to me and for your concern...Laura
Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

We used Express Windows - they were on time, reasonable priced and did a great job... Our lanai (modestly speaking) is beautiful...
Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Default read all

hii,just be carefull with who you use. read all of the posted about enclosures, and stay away from advance constructions as posted....villager(bethpage)seems to still be having trouble with them also see small claim and chapter 558 fund post. good luck
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.