Hardwoods

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Gold member
Default Hardwoods

New Home Lilac

We are wondering if its better to have wood floors installed while new under new home warranty or wait till after the sale.

I am calling on all my mentors in the village and contractors that want to comment. All the good and bad.

I know TV does mark up product however how much are you saving buying stock flooring you do not want having to rip it out throw it away and move furniture around in the process?

Thanks all!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Veteran member
Default Diy

We are having laminate floors installed after we settle. I will take out new carpet and cut into area size rugs and have them "bounded". Every dollar you put into the purchase price goes into "the tax base" and you pay taxes on it until to you sell. IMHO
Old 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Default Wood floors

We put the price of wood for the living/dining room into the price of our Lantana (under construction), went to a flooring store got a price and removed the wood from the contract. We will save close to half the price by having the builder put in carpet and have the wood put in later.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.